FanDuel Horse Racing Maryland – Promo Code for $20 No Sweat Bet
FanDuel Racing is a new and exciting way to wager on horse races online. Whatever your level of expertise, the FanDuel app for iOS and Android offers its signature customer-friendly experience to users in Maryland who are at least 18 years of age. Sign up with FanDuel Racing today and get a welcome offer of Win Bet Insurance for the biggest races of any day, such as the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont. You do not need to enter a FanDuel Racing promo code to claim.
At FanDuel Racing, you’ll find horse races live streaming around the clock from nearly 300 global racetracks. On average, races begin every five minutes, so the excitement never has to end. You can also replay past races. FanDuel offers plenty of promotions, including bonus bets and bet insurance, along with tailored promos for special events.
FanDuel is known for its tips and tutorials, and its racing site is no different. You’ll not only find in-depth commentary for experienced bettors but also basic tutorials for new racing fans.
Read on for more information about the FanDuel Racing app, including details on the welcome bonus and other promotions, how to sign up for a new account, the types of wagers you can make, banking and withdrawals, customer service and more.
- Bet insurance welcome bonus.
- An established, top-notch name you can trust.
- Pro interface on both web browser and iOS/Android app.
- Around-the-clock action from more than 300 racetracks.
FanDuel Racing Maryland promo code 2023
|FanDuel Racing Promo Code||Click here to claim bonus|
|Welcome Promo||Bet Insurance on featured races|
|Last Updated||June 6, 2023|
FanDuel’s 2023 Kentucky Derby sign-up bonus
For particularly big races, such as the Kentucky Derby — billed as the “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports” — FanDuel Racing offers its best welcome offers. In the past, this has been a No Sweat Bet up to $20 to new users. If you wager on a horse to win and it doesn’t, you’ll be reimbursed up to $20 in bonus money. You won’t be able to withdraw the credit, but you will get a second chance on your next wager.
No FanDuel Racing promo code is necessary to activate this offer. Just sign up with FanDuel Racing in Maryland before the Derby to qualify.
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see FanDuel Racing for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Other FanDuel Racing MD promotions
As is typical of all FanDuel platforms, the horse racing branch offers a robust array of innovative and exciting promotions to established customers.
In addition to special offers, you can expect to see the following types of promotions on a regular basis.
- Win bet insurance: If you wager on a horse to win, and it finishes second or third, FanDuel will reimburse you a portion of your loss in bonus money. You can’t withdraw the bonus money, but you will have a second chance to win. We particularly like this promo, since win bets are the riskiest type of horse racing wager. This offering lets you take a risk you might not normally take, since you know you’ll have another chance if you lose.
- Race of the Day: Nearly every day, FanDuel offers a special promo on a highlighted race. The No Sweat Bet in honor of the Kentucky Derby is an example of this type of promotion.
- Handicapping contests: Special event races also might also see handicapping contests to let patrons test their horse racing chops.
We’re sorry to note that FanDuel Racing does not offer a loyalty program to reward bettors for their wagering dollars. We hope to see that change down the road.
Is FanDuel Racing legal in Maryland?
Yes, the FanDuel Racing platform is relatively new to the horse racing scene, but FD’s retail and online sportsbooks have a secure presence and good reputation in both Maryland and the rest of the United States.
A 1999 federal law paved the way by legalizing on-track wagering at various race tracks in the country. This law works across the board, instead of requiring each state to pass its own horse racing wagering laws.
In Maryland, the only state law that deviates from the federal law is that Arabian races are off-limits to bettors.
Note that in order to open an account with FanDuel Racing, you must physically be located in the state where you plan to place horse racing wagers online. Keep in mind that FanDuel uses geolocation software to make sure no illegal horse racing wagers are placed when outside legal boundaries.
In Maryland, and most other states where online racing bets haven’t specifically been made illegal, you must also be at least 18 years old to place wagers on horse races.
That said, some states have enacted legislation to outlaw horse racing betting, and others have different age requirements. For instance, in North Dakota, bettors must be at least 21.
It’s interesting to note that the established racebook platform TVG is also owned by FanDuel. Global giant Paddy Power Betfair merged with FanDuel in July 2018.
How to create a FanDuel Racing account in Maryland
Signing up for a new FanDuel Racing account in Maryland is a simple process that basically consists of three steps:
- Open a new account with FanDuel Racing online. You will need to provide your legal name, date of birth, home address, valid email address, phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Pass the FanDuel verification process to ensure you are who you say you are. This process may require you to upload certain documents.
- Take advantage of bet insurance by making your first deposit and then selecting your first bet.
As long as you’re at least 18 years old and in the state of Maryland, you can open a new account with FanDuel Racing. In Maryland, the racebook is integrated into the same platform as the sportsbook. Online sports wagering was launched in November 2022.
In addition to Maryland, FanDuel Racing is integrated into the sportsbook platform in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New York, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Note that there is no need to enter a FanDuel Racing promo code to qualify for any of the win bet insurance offers.
FanDuel Racing Maryland app
Patrons can access the FanDuel horse racing platform via an app or web browser. In Maryland, the racing platform is integrated directly into the FanDuel Sportsbook app or available as a standalone platform.
To download the app, just visit FanDuel Racing MD on your mobile browser, then click either the Android or Apple iOS logo to be directed to the download site. Note that you will need to give the app permission to access your location for geolocation purposes.
You will find that the app is nearly the same as the full-sized web version of FD Racing. As with the sportsbook, the platform is functional and well designed, and navigation is simple and intuitive. You can also live (and replay) stream races on the app.
At the top of the landing page, you’ll see current promotions, the races set to start next, and the most popular races of the day. Each listing will show post time and favorites. To see the odds, just click the race you’re interested in.
Tabs at the bottom of the app screen allow you to easily access current bets, active promotions, and all tracks listed in alphabetical order. The ‘More‘ tab will let you access race results, customer support and the FAQ section.
Novice and experienced bettors alike will be happy with FanDuel Racing’s well-written and helpful expert tips and tutorials for bettors of all skill levels.
What races can I bet on at FanDuel Racing MD?
FanDuel offers a huge selection of nearly 300 race tracks from around the globe. With races set to start approximately every five minutes on average, the action is never-ending.
Place wagers on such exciting and storied races as the Belmont Stakes, Pegasus World Cup, Breeders’ Cup and many more. FanDuel Racing provides horse races from just about every corner of the globe in addition to a wide variety of US horse racing tracks, including:
- Dover Downs
- Belmont Park
- Pocono Downs
- Gulfstream Park
- Santa Anita Park
- Parx Casino & Racing
- Monmouth Park Racetrack
- Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park
One notable exception is that Churchill Downs tracks are not currently offered due to contractual agreements.
FanDuel Racing live streaming
FanDuel Racing live streams horse racing action from around the clock. To access, click on any race you want to see, and tap the ‘Watch Live’ button to stream the race in real time.
You can also watch replays and past races from FanDuel Racing’s ‘Resulted Race‘ page. Once you find the race you want to see, simply tap the ‘Watch Replay‘ button.
Types of bets available at FanDuel Racing
In sports betting, your wagers are against the house. In horse racing, all wagers on each specific horse are held in a pari-mutuel pool, with payouts determined once betting is complete. In that sense, you’re wagering against the other bettors.
Pre-event wagers are accepted until the actual race begins. Once the race is complete, the final odds and payouts are calculated.
Horse racing odds are rough estimates related to the amount of money that has been wagered on that horse. The odds are useful to predict a horse’s chances to win, as well as estimate the amount you’ll collect if you win.
For example, 6/5 odds translates to $6 profit for every $5 wagered, and 10/1 odds means that you’ll get $10 profit from each $1 wagered.
Once you select a specific race, click on the link to see all the participating horses and their current odds. In addition to offering betting action across about 300 tracks, FanDuel offers a wide range of betting types.
The simplest “Singles” bets are when you bet on a horse to win, place or show in a single race. Think of singles as similar to moneyline bets in sports wagering.
“Exotic” bets are a bit more complicated, in that your bet includes multiple horses in a single race. For example, to win an Exacta wager, you would need to pick the first- and second-place finishers in order to win.
Multiway, or pick bets, are like parlays. For instance, in a Pick 3 bet, you would wager on the winner of three consecutive races. Multiway wagers typically have higher payouts because they’re so hard to get right.
Here are some novice-level explanations of the different types of horse racing wagers:
- Win: First place.
- Place: First or second place.
- Show: First, second or third place.
- Quinella: Two horses to finish first and second in the same race, in any order.
- Exacta: Two horses to finish first and second, in the order that you pick.
- Trifecta: Three horses to finish first, second, and third in the order that you pick.
- Superfecta: Four horses to finish first, second, third, and fourth in the order that you pick.
- Daily Double: Winners of two consecutive races.
- Pick 3: Winners of three consecutive races.
- Pick 4: Winners of four consecutive races.
- Pick 5: Winners of five consecutive races.
- Pick 6: Winners of six consecutive races.
- Fortune 6: Winners of six consecutive races. A successful wager wins a progressive jackpot.
What’s great about FanDuel Racing MD?
The FanDuel Racing app shares a platform with one of the top-rated online sportsbooks in the U.S. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that we found the app to be top of the line.
That said, every wagering platform will have some areas that could be improved, and FanDuel is no exception. Read on for our take on the FanDuel Racing app.
- Ease of use: Everything on the FanDuel Racing website and app is easily accessible, intuitive and tasteful. The app is a very close approximation of the website, with nearly everything available on both, including live-streaming action.
- A name you can trust: FanDuel is arguably the No. 1 sportsbook in the U.S. market. Founded in 2009 as a daily fantasy sports provider, the FanDuel brand is synonymous with excellence.
- Expert tips and tutorials: Everyone from the greenest newbie to a race track veteran will benefit from FanDuel Racing’s supplemental articles. Newcomers will benefit from tutorials that begin with the basics and then hold your hand through the whole track betting process. Veteran horse race bettors will enjoy daily articles and tips from expert handicappers.
Could be improved
- Lack of loyalty program: We’re not sure how a customer-savvy company like FanDuel could drop the ball when it comes to FD Racing’s lack of a rewards program. Repeat customers and “high rollers” deserve to be rewarded for their wagering dollars, and we’re not sure why FanDuel doesn’t see it that way. Here’s hoping this oversight will be addressed down the road.
- Lack of community forum: We’d love to see a bulletin board or chat space for bettors to interact.
- Deposit fees: Only ACH eCheck, Green Dot MoneyPak, and PayNearMe cash vouchers are free to make a deposit at FanDuel Racing. PayPal and the FanDuel Play+ card will cost you $5 to use for a deposit, while a wire transfer will set you back $15. We’d love to see FanDuel do away with deposit fees.
FanDuel Racing deposit and withdrawal methods
FanDuel Racing offers the usual convenient banking methods. Unfortunately, several standard options will cost you a fee. For a minimum deposit of $10, you can select from among the following safe and secure options:
- ACH eCheck (free)
- Green Dot MoneyPak (free)
- PayNearMe cash voucher (free)
- PayPal eWallet ($5 fee)
- FanDuel prepaid credit card ($5 fee)
- Visa/MasterCard credit/debit ($5 fee)
- Wire transfer ($15 fee)
FanDuel Racing withdrawals
FanDuel Racing withdrawals can be made straight to your bank account or Visa debit card. The withdrawal limit per transaction is $10,000.
FanDuel customer support
As an online gaming provider, FanDuel is well known for its excellent customer service team, and the racebook is no exception.
Along with a comprehensive FAQ found under the ‘More’ link on the app’s lower navigation bar, FanDuel offers loads of tutorials.
For more in-depth or personal issues, you can join the FanDuel live chat queue to speak with a customer service team member in real time.
FanDuel Racing Maryland FAQ
No, a FanDuel Racing promo code is not necessary to take advantage of FanDuel Racing’s welcome bonus. See above for full details.
You can wager on live racing cards for about 300 different race tracks on FanDuel Racing MD online, including both domestic and international venues.
No, online racing apps are required by law to use geolocation software to make sure you don’t make any illegal wagers across Maryland state lines.
Yes, FanDuel accepts a wide variety of safe and secure banking options, including personal PayPal accounts connected to your personal banking account. You will be charged a $5 fee to make a withdrawal via PayPal, however. For a free method of deposit, you can use ACH eCheck, Green Dot MoneyPak or a PayNearMe cash voucher purchased at local retailers, such as 7-11. A wire transfer will set you back $15.
No. While you can absolutely access FanDuel Racing via a web or mobile browser, FanDuel does provide an excellent mobile app for iOS and Android devices and tablets. If you opt for the app, you can choose a standalone FanDuel Racing app or select one that’s integrated with the sportsbook platform.