Disclaimer: BlueBet Sportsbook is not yet online in Maryland. This review is based on what we expect from BlueBet and will be updated once BlueBet launches in MD.
Founded and based in New South Wales, Australia, BlueBet has operated its online sportsbook since 2015. And it could soon be available to Maryland sports bettors.
With more than half a decade of experience down under, the company has recently decided to expand into the US. Although BlueBet may not be well-known in the US, it is big in Australia, offering online-only sports betting services.
With a handful of states in its sights, including Maryland, Colorado and Virginia, BlueBet is on a mission to expand its reach. With partnerships lined up to allow for online betting licenses in these states (and a handful of others), it could be only a matter of time before we see the launch of BlueBet.
Continue reading this BlueBet review to see what the sportsbook has to offer Maryland bettors.
BlueBet Maryland Sportsbook promo code 2022
At the moment, it’s unclear what exactly BlueBet’s welcome bonus will be in Maryland. We’re also waiting to find out if you’ll need a BlueBet Sportsbook bonus code to unlock it. When BlueBet reveals its sign-up bonus, we’ll break it down for you.
|Online Sportsbook||BlueBet Sportsbook Maryland|
|BlueBet Promo Code||TBD|
|Sign Up Bonus||TBD|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
BlueBet Maryland sign-up offer — the fine print!
Since we don’t know what BlueBet’s sign-up offer will be, let’s instead go over some sports betting bonuses you could see:
- Deposit match bonus: Deposit match bonuses are pretty standard. You make your first deposit, and the sportsbook matches it up to a certain amount. Ideally, the match will be at a 100% clip. Just beware of the playthrough requirements you’ll need to meet to release the matching funds.
- Risk-free bet: The key here is realizing that the bets are not exactly risk-free. Instead, most oddsmakers will issue a refund in free bets if your opening wager loses. You can use the refund to place another bet or bets — depending on the sportsbook — and if that bet wins, the winnings are yours to do with as you wish.
- Matching bet: Unlike risk-free bets, these offer you a matching bonus whether your first bet wins or loses. Pay attention to what the odds restrictions are for your qualifying bet.
Once BlueBet releases details about its online sportsbook sign-up bonus, we’ll update you with details and what we think.
Can I trust BlueBet USA Sportsbook?
While BlueBet is new to the US, it has operated for years as a trustworthy sportsbook elsewhere. In addition, to operate in Maryland, it will need to have received a license from the Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency, ensuring that the sportsbook is regulated within the state. This also means that BlueBet will need to provide security measures to protect all the data on the site.
To comply with Maryland sports betting rules, BlueBet will use geolocation software to monitor players’ locations. This is to ensure that only those within the state can place bets.
Getting started at BlueBet Sportsbook in Maryland
First-time BlueBet users just need to select the sign-up button on the sportsbook website to get things started. New bettors interested in signing up to the sportsbook will then receive a prompt to enter the following information to set up their BlueBet account:
- Full name
- Birthdate (minimum age of 21)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Last four Social Security number digits
BlueBet will cross-reference the information provided to ensure that you are who you say you are and that you are old enough to gamble in the state.
How do I download the BlueBet app?
The BlueBet app is available for download via a link on the sportsbook’s website. Choose either the Android or iOS option to match your mobile device.
We recommend that bettors who are interested in downloading and using the BlueBet app first make an account on the website via a computer. This offers the easiest route, allowing bettors to then download and log in to the BlueBet app without issue.
Where do I find BlueBet promotions?
The promotions and bonuses make for some of the main attractions at BlueBet. To access the full list of bonuses, both new and existing bettors can head over to the promotions section from the main menu. This section highlights the top bonuses available to all players alongside the option to view past promotions that have had their time and could potentially be available again.
Why should I choose the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main strong points that we can expect from BlueBet:
- Available promotions: The list of bonuses, promotions and offers to both new and existing players at BlueBet is seriously impressive. With dynamic offers that sync up with the top sporting events of the year, there should be something to interest you, no matter when you sign up or log in.
- Betting options: A wide selection of sports combined with prop bets, point spreads, parlays and more makes for a sportsbook with a lot of options.
- Customer service: The BlueBet Sportsbook app has some solid customer service options, offering plenty of ways to get in touch and get answers to any questions.
What won’t I like about the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
Although it is still in the early stages of US development, there are a few things that we’re not fully sold on for BlueBet. Here are a couple of the main ones:
- Lack of a loyalty program: At the time of writing, BlueBet does not offer a loyalty program. We hope that this is something that BlueBet will address in the near future, and with so many competitors in the same space, it would be wise to do so.
- Overly simple theme: We believe that BlueBet is full of promise, but though there is scope for an impressive brand presence, this is not yet fully in place. This is an app in the early stages, and we would like to see more effort go toward making BlueBet instantly recognizable.
What kind of bets can I place at BlueBet online betting?
From traditional totals and moneylines to prop bets and live betting, below you’ll find a selection of the main types of bets that players can make at BlueBet.
- Totals: We’ll kick things off with totals betting, aka over/unders, which are bets on the total score by both teams in a game. If, for instance, you bet that two teams will score over 42.5 points, and they combine for 50, you win your bet.
- Moneylines: A bet on the overall outcome of a game, with positive odds numbers indicating underdogs and negative numbers for favorites. For you to win a moneyline bet, the team you bet on just needs to win the game.
- Point spreads: Perhaps the easiest way to explain a point spread is to imagine that the sportsbook is trying to balance the two teams to make an even game. A team that is favored on the point spread must win by more than the number the sportsbook assigns for bets on that side to win. Otherwise, bets on the underdog will win.
- Props: Think of prop betting as side bets on specific aspects of a game, such as bets on individual players or teams reaching certain statistical milestones or bets on whether certain game circumstances will come to pass.
- Futures: If you’re wanting to bet on something that doesn’t have an immediate outcome, futures are the bets that you’re looking for. These long-term wagers may be on things like the overall season winner, and you can place them well in advance of that being decided.
- Live betting: Place bets on games that are in progress, and stay in the action with dynamic odds that change as the game plays out — great when watching a game live.
- Parlays: Combine a number of bets into a single item on the bet slip. The more bets that you add to the parlay, the larger the potential payout, but also the larger the risk. These can be an exciting way to boost the odds, but the risk may outweigh the reward.
- Round robins: If the risk of a parlay seems a bit too daunting, a round robin bet might be your answer. These bets involve multiple selections, just like the aforementioned parlays, but here you don’t need to get all of the picks correct to still win something.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Ravens at BlueBet Maryland?
Yes, BlueBet MD will have wagers on Maryland’s various major home teams. You’ll be able to bet on the Baltimore Ravens as well as the rest of the NFL. In addition to the above bets, you’ll also likely find the following bets for football games:
- Player props: Prop bets are some of the most popular wagers at any sportsbook, allowing you to bet on specific NFL players as well as events. If you’ve got a feeling that Lamar Jackson is going to be on fire, you can place a number of player props.
- First, last and anytime touchdown scorers: A specific kind of player prop, if you’re feeling a particular player is likely to score a touchdown, there’s a bet for that, too. You can specify the scorer of the first or last TD, or choose a player to score at any time.
- Turnover and penalty props: The number of turnovers and penalty props can also be subject to wagers. Be wary of these bets, though; the official outcomes are the only ones that count.
- Quarter and half bets: In addition to betting on the full game, you can bet on the outcomes at the ends of individual quarters.
How do I get money on (and off!) BlueBet online sportsbook quickly?
The banking options are a key part of any online sportsbook. Here is what is available at BlueBet:
Getting cash into your account is quick and easy with an instant processing time and a range of payment methods.
|Deposit Method||MInimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|Visa, Mastercard and Discover Credit or Debit Card||$10||Instant|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Instant|
|PayNearMe||$10||Up to 48 Hours|
Withdrawal methods are, again, quick and easy, with players able to cash out any amount above the minimum withdrawal amount, which typically is $10. Processing time for withdrawals can take up to five business days, though it is often much quicker than that.
|Withdrawal Method||MInimum Amount||Processing Time|
|ACH (e-check)||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|PayPal||$10||Up to 5 Days|
How do I get help at BlueBet Sportsbook?
BlueBet offers a variety of customer service options. We would typically recommend that players first check the large FAQ section before reaching out to the customer service department.
If the FAQ doesn’t offer the answers that you’re looking for, you can contact a representative via the site’s online live chat. This is a great way to address specific problems with real-time help. Alternatively, you may also try reaching out via phone.
How do I exclude myself from BlueBet?
Players can exclude themselves from BlueBet Sportsbook by accessing the responsible gambling section of the site and locating the exclusion options. You can choose whether you would prefer a cooling-off period for a predetermined length of time or a lengthier exclusion that could last indefinitely. The responsible gambling section also contains useful information for dealing with gambling addiction.
Can I bet at BlueBet Sportsbook in person?
BlueBet does not have a physical sportsbook in Maryland at this time. While this could change in the future, in Australia, where the sportsbook has built a strong reputation, it is only available online.
How does BlueBet compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
Maryland is new to legal sports betting, so it’s a little tough to say exactly how the competition will shake out. However, BlueBet does have some strong points. Once it announces a sign-up bonus and some other details, we will have a better idea about how it will rank among likely competitors such as DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel, Caesars, BetMGM and PointsBet.
BlueBet Sportsbook FAQs
How do I get the BlueBet app?
To download the BlueBet app, head to the sportsbook site and follow the on-screen instructions, selecting either the Android or Apple option.
Who owns BlueBet?
BlueBet is an Australian betting company that has recently made the move to the US market. It is a successful, self-funded sportsbook that started in New South Wales.
How long does a withdrawal take at BlueBet?
Although withdrawal times will typically depend on the banking method, the majority of transactions at the site will take less than five business days.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Orioles at BlueBet?
Yes, you’ll be able to find daily Orioles odds as well as game and futures odds for every MLB team at BlueBet.