The significant advantages that online sportsbooks have over land-based sportsbooks are the bonuses and promos. As a new player at any online sportsbook in Maryland, you can get access to multiple promotions, including free bets.
Best sports betting promos and free bet offers in Maryland
How do free bet bonuses work at Maryland sportsbooks?
Established sportsbooks offer multiple promotions to entice new customers. Most of the time, the first reward you’ll receive will be free bets.
Free bets aren’t actual money you can withdraw; they are site credits you can use to bet at the sportsbook. If you win the bet, you can then cash out your winnings.
Keep in mind that the winnings from free sports bets typically do not include the initial free bet stake. For example, if you use a free bet worth $100 to bet at odds of +200 and win, the initial free bet ($100) would not be part of your winnings. Instead, the $200 that you won is the actual withdrawable amount.
There are several types of free bet promos that you’ll find at Maryland online sportsbooks. In most cases, the value you receive will correspond to your deposit or your stake.
Some Maryland betting sites, meanwhile, do even more to attract customers by offering no-deposit free bets. With such offers, you don’t have to deposit funds in order to receive the bonus credits. You’ll receive them merely for signing up.
Best Maryland bonus and promo codes for 2022
|Maryland Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Bonus Code|
|DraftKings Maryland||$50 free bet on deposit + 20% up to $1,000 on deposit||Click to claim promo|
|Caesars Maryland||Up To $1,500 back as free bet.||LEGALPICS|
|BetMGM Maryland||First bet insurance up to $1,000.||Click to claim promo|
|FanDuel Maryland||Bet $5, Get $200 in Free Bets||Click to claim promo|
|PointsBet Maryland||2nd Chance free bets up to $2,000.||PLAYBONUS|
|BetRivers Maryland||Up to $500 2nd Chance Bet||PLAYRIV|
How to claim an online free bet bonus
Claiming free bets is not hard. To get your hands on one, take the following steps:
- Pick one of the sportsbooks featured on this page
- Click the link to go to the sportsbook’s website
- Sign up for an account, enter the bonus code if necessary
- Deposit a qualifying amount of funds
- Pick your sport, find odds you like, and wager
Below are some of the best Maryland sportsbook free bet bonus offers currently available to claim, along with how to claim them.
DraftKings Sportsbook, one of the leading sports betting sites in the country, is currently giving out $200 worth of free bets to new members.
The $200 free bet package releases in installments and will automatically appear in your account once you deposit at least $5 in funds. You can use the boost on any type of wager — moneyline bets, totals wagers, point spread bets, proposition bets, you name it.
Don’t forget to check our review to learn more about the sportsbook. The best part is, no DraftKings Maryland promo code is needed to claim the bonus.
Another major sports betting brand, Caesars Sportsbook, is rolling out the red carpet for new users in grand fashion. Caesars is easing new bettors into sports betting by offering a risk-free first bet of up to $1,500. That means, if your first wager happens to go awry, Caesars will replace your lost funds with a free bet of equal value.
In addition to the initial risk-free bet, players will get 1,000 tier credits and 1,000 reward credits added to their Caesars Sportsbook account upon sign-up.
To take advantage of this offer, use the Caesars Sportsbook Maryland bonus code LEGALPICS.
Yet another elite brand, BetMGM Sportsbook Maryland is welcoming bettors with first bet insurance up to $1,000. This type of win-win bonus gives you a full refund in free bet credits (up to $1,000) if your first wager is a loss. If it wins, you’ll get paid as you normally would and won’t be eligible for a refund.
To trigger the offer, use the BetMGM Maryland bonus code PLAYBONUS upon registration.
One of the many strong suits of FanDuel Sportsbook is its welcome bonus — new users can simply wager $5 or more on the app and lock in $200 in free bets. Here’s the drill, but for further details, including any FanDuel Maryland promo code required, remember to check our FanDuel review:
- Create an account with FanDuel
- Bet at least $5, get $200 in free bets
- The free bets will appear in your account within 72 hours
- The $200 bonus is then yours to wager with as you please
- Bonus bets must be used within 14 days
PointsBet Sportsbook also has a welcome bonus in store for Marylanders now that online wagering has debuted in the state. Bettors can grab up to $2,000 in second-chance free bets when they register with PointsBet. In other words, the sportsbook will deposit a second-chance bet of up to $2,000 into your account if your first wager on the site doesn’t hit.
To unlock this freebie, simply enter the PointsBet Maryland promo code BETBONUS at sign-up.
How to use a promo code to claim free bets
A promo code or a bonus code is a combination of letters and numbers that you input in one of the registration boxes while signing up at a sportsbook to claim a promotion.
Free bet bonuses and other promos
You’ll find a variety of bonuses at Maryland sportsbooks, generally in two categories:
- Sign-up or welcome bonuses
- Bonuses for existing customers: Those who have made one (or more) deposits on the site.
Welcome bonuses get a lot of attention because they tend to be the most lucrative for bettors. There’s a catch, however. These promotions are for new customers only, and they’re a one-time offer.
In general, you can redeem a welcome bonus after your initial deposit or your first bet on the site. Sometimes, though, all you have to do is create an account. Here are the most common variations of sign-up offers:
- Risk-free bets: The sportsbook will refund all or a part of your first bet if it loses. This is a good deal when luck turns its back on you. Basically, the sportsbook is giving you a second chance to win.
- Match bonuses: With this type of bonus, the sportsbook will match whatever sum you deposit, up to a certain amount, in free bets.
- No-deposit free bets: These are as close to “free” money as it gets. Once you sign up for an account, the sportsbook will give you a small number of free bets without requiring a deposit.
These bonuses are targeted toward users with an existing account at the sportsbook who have already tapped the welcome bonus. Ongoing promos work pretty much the same as welcome bonuses with one key difference: you can use these promotions multiple times. Let’s go over the main iterations:
- Odds boosts: In some cases, the sportsbook will give you better prices if you bet on a specific sport. Typically, this type of promotion targets marquee odds markets, like Super Bowl odds or NBA Finals odds. Some odds boosts give bettors a boosted/enhanced price for creating a parlay of three or more legs.
- Event-specific bonuses: During prime-time sporting events, betting action increases. For instance, when it’s time to bet on the World Cup or to bet on the US Open, the books release a range of special bonuses, including free bets, reduced juice deals, and reload bonuses.
- Refer-a-friend promotion: As the name implies, this promotion rewards you if your friend signs up to the sportsbook via a referral link. The sportsbook will give you a small portion of free cash or free bets.
- Insurance promotions: A common variation of an insurance deal will refund your stake if one leg of your parlay loses. There are also insurance bonuses that will return your stake in case of specific occurrences, such as a scoreless draw in soccer or if an NBA game goes to overtime.
Always check sports bonus terms and conditions
All online sportsbooks impose terms and conditions on their promotions. Basically, these are guidelines on how to use the bonuses properly, so it’s important to read the fine print before making any financial commitments. Here are the key terms to look for when shopping for the best bonuses in Maryland:
- Wagering, rollover, or playthrough requirement: This figure is a multiplier that indicates how much of the bonus cash you need to spend before being able to cash it out. It can make or break your chances of converting the bonus money into withdrawable cash.
- Odds restrictions: Some sportsbooks may place minimum odds restrictions on rollover requirements. For instance, some risk-free bets won’t apply unless the qualifying bet had sports betting odds of -200 or higher.
- Time limitations: This is the amount of time you have to place the qualifying bet. It can also apply to the period in which any free bets are valid.
- Markets allowed: In most cases, you must use a free bet on single wagers. Sportsbooks typically do not allow parlays or teasers bets.
How to download a sportsbook app in Maryland
The majority of sportsbooks have released standalone apps for iOS and Android, allowing you to bet while on the move. In addition to those already mentioned, this also includes such top betting apps as the Caesars Maryland sportsbook app, BetRivers Maryland app, and FoxBet Maryland mobile app.
Via the apps, you can access all the available features on the main website, including promotional offerings. Here’s what you need to do to claim free bets on the go:
- Visit the regulated sportsbook site of your choice.
- Find the mobile section on the site.
- Click on the download link and install the app on your iOS or Android device.
- Sign up for an account and make the qualifying deposit/bet.
- Find the promotions tab and opt-in for the bonuses.
It’s worth mentioning that many sites will require location verification to confirm that you’re within Maryland’s borders at the time you’re attempting to bet. The sportsbook will pinpoint your location via geolocation software.
Free bets FAQ
What is the maximum free bet bonus you can get?
The exact value of a free bet varies from one site to another. You can typically find maximum values of $500 to $1,000, depending on the sportsbook.
What are playthrough requirements?
The playthrough is the number of times you would need to wager to clear the bonus and withdraw any winnings.
What is matched betting?
Matched betting is a technique bettors implement to secure a profit from free bet promotions. It’s based on math rather than chance or gut feeling.
What sports can bet on using free bets?
Most of the time, you can use online free bets for wagering on any sport in the book’s portfolio. With some types of free bet promotions, you’ll be able to use the credits on specific events only.
Can I cash out wins from a free bet?
Yes, you can cash out your winnings. If your free bet is successful, the winnings will be yours to keep and withdraw, usually minus the initial free bet stake.
Is there a maximum on free bet winnings?
Well, it depends on the offer. Sportsbooks usually put payout caps on no-deposit bonuses, effectively limiting the amount you can withdraw once you meet the wagering requirements.