Betfred Sports Maryland Promo Code & Review
Betfred Sportsbook in Maryland offers new users up to $1,111 in bonus bets. However, you’re required to make a $50 bet to claim $111 in bonus bets, and getting the remaining $1,000 in bonuses requires losing at least $2,000. For these reasons, we recommend signing up with these Maryland sportsbooks instead.
Best Maryland online sportsbooks in September
In this review, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Betfred Sportsbook in Maryland, including available bets, banking options, and much more.
Betfred Maryland promo code for September 2023
Betfred Sportsbook in Maryland has a unique welcome bonus. First, you get $111 in bonus bets when you place a first wager of $50 or more. Next, for the following five weeks, you get 50% back on your net losses up to $200 per week. So, to claim the full $200 in a week, you need to lose at least $400 in wagers.
|Betfred Maryland Bonus Code||BETBONUS|
|Maximum Bonus Value||$1,111 in bonus bets|
|Sign-up Bonus||• Bet $50, Get $111 in bonus bets
• 50% back on net losses weekly for five weeks
• Max $200 bonus bets refund per week
|Last Updated||September 27, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Betfred Sportsbook Maryland for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Betfred sign-up offer in Maryland — up to $1,111
With the bonus bets from Betfred’s bonus, you have some security, for your first five weeks. First, you get a $111 bonus bet when you make your first bet for at least $50.
Then, the remaining $1,000 of the bonus is based on you losing money. Each week, for your first five weeks with Betfred Maryland, you get a 50% refund on your net losses. For example, if you lost $100 during your first week, you’d get a $50 bonus be. If you won money your second week you’d get nothing. If in your third week you lost more than $400 you’d get a $200 bonus bet, and so on for the next two weeks.
How does Betfred’s welcome bonus rate?
The Betfred Maryland welcome bonus is good, but don’t be fooled by the $1,111 overall value. Remember, you only get $1,000 of that if you lose bets. However, we do like that you get $111 bonus bet just for making a $50 cash wager, and you get that win or lose. We also like that you receive weekly refunds up to $200 per week. We just wish it was a 100% refund per week, instead of 50%.
Can I trust Betfred Sportsbook?
Yes, you can trust Betfred Sportsbook in Maryland. Betfred is a lesser-known online sportsbook in the United States, but it originated in the United Kingdom. Its founder was named Fred — hence the name — and it is now available in a handful of other US states. It first launched in the US in Colorado and Iowa in September 2020, and other states are coming online over time. It’s long history and strong reputation in the UK should inspire confidence with US bettors.
Beyond that, Betfred operates in Maryland under state regulatory oversight via the Maryland Gaming Commission. The Commission, and its licensing arm the Sports Wagering Application Review Committee, would not license Betfred if it hadn’t established its suitability or didn’t continue to follow state rules.
Getting started at Betfred Maryland
Creating an account at Betfred Sportsbook is easy. The registration form is just one page, and you’ll need to provide the following information:
- A password for your account
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Phone number
- Answers to two security questions
- Betfred Promo code (BETBONUS)
- Your agreement to the terms and conditions
Once this is complete, you’ll have created an account, but you will then need to submit the last four digits of your Social Security number so that you can complete wagers.
How do I download the Betfred Maryland app?
You can download the Betfred Sportsbook app by selecting the link to either Google Play or the App Store, both of which are available on the main page of the Betfred website when you access it via mobile browser.
Where do I find the latest Betfred sports betting promotions?
On the left side of the Betfred betting site, you’ll find a link to the promotions page at Betfred. However, if you’re on mobile, you’ll find a link at the top of the Betfred online sportsbook app.
Pro football promotions
- Early Bird: When you place an early wager of $20 or more on an NFL game, you’ll receive bonus bets back. Place a bet on Tuesday, and get 20% of your wager back as a bonus bet. Place a bet on Wednesday, and get 15% of your stake back as a bonus bet.
- Overtime insurance: If the team you wagered on loses in overtime, you’ll receive 50% of your wager back up to $25.
- Double Take: If you wager on someone to score a TD, you’ll double your win if that player scores a second one.
- Last Chance Saloon: Receive no juice bets on Sunday Night Football. These apply to spread, totals and moneylines for select games.
Pre-Match Golf Par-Tee
- Bet $100 in pre-match golf wagers and get $25.
Other Betfred promotions
- Parlay+: Create a same-game parlay using props, totals, moneylines and spreads.
- Boosts: Receive boosts on certain games.
Why should I choose the Betfred Sportsbook app?
The Betfred Sports app isn’t as glamorous as some of the more well-known names in online sports betting, but there are a few qualities to be aware of.
- Trending bets: On the Betfred app, you can see which bets are trending at the sportsbook. This could give you some betting ideas if you’re unsure where to wager.
- Dedicated live betting page: Along the bottom of the app is a menu with a link to a dedicated page for all live bets. There are filters at the top of the page so you can sort through whatever sport you want to bet on.
What won’t I like about the Betfred sports betting app?
Here are some potential issues to be aware of before you give Betfred a try:
- No loyalty or rewards program: Betfred doesn’t offer any perks if you bet there regularly.
- You must be logged in to see key information: One of the more egregious examples of this is the promotions. While you can see some graphics for them at the top of the app, you can’t review the details unless you’ve created an account. If you’re not logged in and click on the promotions, the app will take you to a login screen.
- Slow loading times: Going from page to page can be a bit tedious at Betfred. The pages don’t load super-quickly, and we also found that clicking on a menu could fail to load it. To rectify this, we had to close the app or go to a new page and start over again.
What kind of bets can I place at Betfred Sportsbook Maryland?
Betfred offers a variety of wagers. The most popular include the point spread/run line/puck line, the moneyline and the over/under. However, you can also bet on single-player props, alternate spreads and same-game parlays. Here is an example of a standard game listing:
|Tampa Bay Rays||+1.5 (-115)||+125||Over 9 (-110)|
|New York Yankees||-1.5 (+145)||-145||Under 9 (-110)|
How do I win a run line bet?
The run line is the baseball equivalent of the point spread in the NBA or NFL or the puck line in the NHL. Whereas the point spread can vary, the run line for an MLB game is a standard 1.5. To win, you’ll need to accurately pick if the favorite (the Yankees in the above example) will win by more than 1.5 runs or if the underdog will lose by a single run or win by any score.
What is the moneyline?
The moneyline is a simple wager — pick which team will win outright. However, with these bets, moneyline odds can get somewhat lopsided depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the teams. For example, in college football, you may see a team with a moneyline of -2000. This would indicate that a wager of $2,000 would win a profit of $100 if correct.
What does over and under mean?
If you can’t decide which individual team to bet on for the spread or moneyline, you can turn to the total bet. The total is a line that the sportsbook sets for the total combined score in a game. For example, suppose the total line is 47 for a game between the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions, and the Packers win 33-30. In that case, you’d have won the wager if you bet “over,” as the combined score was 63 points.
Props can be bets on an individual team, game or player. Popular examples include betting on a quarterback’s passing yards in a game, which player will score a touchdown or how many strikeouts a pitcher will have. Player props are somewhat like fantasy sports in that you’re focused on player accomplishments instead of the result of a game.
Parlays at Betfred
Parlays are riskier wagers but offer larger rewards. With this type of bet, you’ll bet on multiple contests in one wager. And if you get just one pick wrong, you lose the whole parlay. At Betfred, you can also create a parlay+, which is a same-game parlay. Instead of picking things from multiple contests, you can parlay together the moneyline, total and a prop bet from the same game, for example.
Futures and live betting
As for live betting, this allows you to wager on games as they are in progress. However, the odds will shift and change rapidly to reflect what’s happening in the game.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Ravens at Betfred in Maryland?
Yes, you’ll be able to bet on the Baltimore Ravens at Betfred. In fact, Betfred partners with an NFL team already — the Denver Broncos. Online NFL betting is a big part of Betfred. In addition to the moneyline, spread and total, here are some of the bets you’ll find when betting on the Ravens or football in general:
- Anytime touchdown: Bet on a player to score a touchdown.
- Passing props: Bet on total passing yards, attempts, completions, longest passes, etc.
- Rushing/receiving props: Bet on the total number of rushing or receiving yards, rush attempts, receptions, etc.
- Total field goals made
- Halftime point totals
How do I get money on (and off!) Betfred online sportsbook quickly?
As of now, these are the available deposit and withdrawal methods on the Betfred Sportsbook Maryland app:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||No minimum||Up to 48 hours|
|eCheck||No minimum||Up to 48 hours|
|Play+ card||No minimum||Up to 48 hours|
|Bank transfer||No minimum||Up to 48 hours|
|Check in the mail||$100||Seven to 14 days|
There are plans for a retail sportsbook at Betfred’s Maryland licensing partner, Long Shot’s of Fredrick. While we are not sure if you will be able to withdraw or deposit from your Betfred online account in-person, if you are able to that will likely be the location. We’ll update this review with more info, or check with Betfred support:
- Long Shot’s of Frederick, 5400 Holiday Drive, Frederick, MD 21703
How do I get help at Betfred Sportsbook?
Betfred offers a number of ways to get assistance. However, it doesn’t have an FAQ section, which can be an excellent resource for quick questions such as available deposit and withdrawal options. However, here are the ways you can get help and the available hours:
- Telephone: You can call Betfred directly. If the sportsbook launches in Maryland, it may have a direct number for people in the state.
- Text: You can text Betfred for assistance. This isn’t something we usually see as a support option.
- Email: You can also email Betfred. There are different emails depending on your state.
- Live chat: The live chat is responsive. In our experience, the representative quickly responded and was able to help.
- Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday to Sunday: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
How do I exclude myself from Betfred?
You can exclude yourself at Betfred by clicking on the responsible gambling link at the bottom of the page. You’ll find information related to self-exclusionary programs. These change from state to state, but you’ll find contact information for the relevant organizations.
How might Betfred compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
When compared to other potential Maryland sportsbooks, Betfred has a nice collection of sports betting promos in Maryland, but it struggles a bit more in other areas. There is the trending bet feature, but things like no FAQ and needing an account to view the promotions can make the experience unnecessarily cumbersome.
Betfred Sportsbook Maryland FAQ
Use the Betfred Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS when you sign up to claim the sportsbook’s $1,111 welcome bonus.
Betfred offers multiple ways to cash out when using PayPal, an eCheck, Play+ card, or bank transfer you can expect payment in roughly two days. If you request a check by mail, you could be looking at up to two weeks time.
Betfred is available for online sports betting in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
The minimum deposit ranges from $10 to $20, depending on the method you use.
While some Betfred locations are mobile-only, some allow for betting via a web browser. There’s no news on what might be available in Maryland.
Yes, you’ll be able to bet on the University of Maryland Terrapins at Betfred. Maryland does not prohibit betting on in-state college teams.