BetMGM Maryland Bonus Code for $150 Sign-up Promo
Create your BetMGM Maryland account today and get a welcome bonus worth up to $150. The BetMGM Maryland bonus code is PLAYMD.
BetMGM is the first official gaming partner of the Baltimore Ravens, so you’ll find special promotions for Ravens fans on the BetMGM app.
This review explains the BetMGM welcome bonus and other promotions, in addition to registering for an account, placing bets, making deposits, requesting withdrawals, and more. First up is that $150 sign-up bonus.
BetMGM bonus code Maryland 2024
When you sign up for an account at BetMGM Maryland, enter the best BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYMD to receive a $150 sign-up offer.
|BetMGM Maryland Bonus Code
|First Bet Offer
|$150 in Bonus Bets
|MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD
|February 20, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see BetMGM Sportsbook MD for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
BetMGM sign-up bonus for Maryland – terms & conditions
BetMGM’s welcome bonus is pretty uncomplicated, but there are a few things you should understand before registering and placing your first bet.
- Your initial deposit must be $10 or more.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must be located in Maryland when betting.
- Bonus bets expire in seven days.
- One new customer offer only. Additional terms apply.
Is BetMGM’s welcome bonus good?
Yes, BetMGM’s first bet welcome bonus is a strong one. The overall size of the welcome bonus isn’t as big as some sportsbooks in the state, but the low cost of entry is among the best you’ll find.
Getting started at BetMGM Maryland sports betting
Registering for a new account with BetMGM Maryland is quite simple. To start, use the link on this page to head to the BetMGM site. That will take you to the sign-up page, where you’ll click “Register.” At that point you’ll need to enter a few personal details:
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- BetMGM Maryland bonus code PLAYMD
You also will need to create a password and confirm you’re 21 or older and the information you supplied is accurate. Enter the top BetMGM bonus code PLAYMD when making your first deposit to qualify for the $150 welcome bonus.
How do I download the BetMGM Maryland app?
BetMGM’s sports betting app is available for iOS and Android phones and tablets, and downloading it for either is easy. If you head to the sportsbook site via a mobile browser and sign up for an account, when you’re done registering, a message should pop up with a link to get the app for the device you’re using. Click on that and follow the prompts to download the app for your device.
Can I trust BetMGM Sportsbook?
Yes, BetMGM is an online sportsbook you can trust. BetMGM launched online sportsbooks in over a dozen before going live in Maryland, and it would not have received a sports betting license in the state if the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission didn’t view it as a legitimate enterprise.
BetMGM continues to be regulated by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency, and also has a physical connection to the state with MGM National Harbor in Oxford, MD.
As with all legal sportsbooks in Maryland, you must be at least 21 years old to create an account and place bets. You also must be within the state when betting or cashing out early. Whether you’re using the BetMGM app or website, you’ll need to allow geolocation on your device to prove you are within the state.
Where do I find the latest BetMGM sports betting promotions and offers?
The easiest way to find the available promotions at BetMGM is by clicking the “Promotions” link. On the app, it is located in the lower right corner, while on the website it’s located at the top just to the right of various sports logos.
What type of promotions does BetMGM run?
One of BetMGM’s strong points is the assortment of bonus offers it has for new and existing customers. Here are the types of sportsbook promos you’ll come across:
- Refund promotions: Included in this category are parlay deals where you receive money back (as bonus bets) if only one leg of your wager fails. There also are specials at times where you get money back if your team loses in overtime or in a walk-off fashion. And for premier golf tournaments, you can get your money back if your pick to win loses but still finishes in the Top 10.
- Parlay booster tokens: Sometimes these are sport-specific, while other times you can use them on any parlay of your choosing. You simply have to build a parlay with at least three legs and then apply the token to your wager to receive a boost of 10%.
Remember to opt-in
One thing we can’t stress enough is the need to opt-in to promotions at BetMGM Sportsbook. If you fail to do so, you will not be able to claim any of the rewards associated with each promo. You can tell if you’ve opted in by going to the promotions page. There will be a gold “Active” button in the top right corner for bonuses that you’ve opted in to.
Why should I choose the BetMGM Sportsbook app?
If you’re considering sportsbooks to sign up within Maryland, here are some points in BetMGM’s favor.
- It’s parlay heaven: If parlays are your thing, then chances are BetMGM is the right sportsbook for you. There’s a parlay generator that you can spin to bring up random bets. You can add and remove wagers until you’ve got what you like. You also can use the parlay creator to make cross-sport parlays of your own. And BetMGM lets you build extensive one-game parlays for NFL and NBA games.
- Multiple rewards: As a BetMGM customer you automatically become an M life Rewards member. M life is MGM Resorts’ loyalty club, and you’ll earn reward points for each bet you place. Also, remember that for every week you make $50 in qualifying wagers, you’ll get a $10 bonus wager the following Monday.
- Variety of bets: If you’re new to online sports betting, you might be taken aback the first time you see how many leagues and bets are available at BetMGM. For example, it’s not uncommon to have more than 200 wagers for a single game on the BetMGM app.
What won’t I like about the BetMGM sports betting app?
We don’t consider any of these dislikes to be a big enough issue that they’d prevent you from joining BetMGM. Instead, they’re more minor nuisances that we think you should be aware of if you do sign up.
- Be cautious with boosted parlay bets: On the BetMGM homepage, you’ll see boosted bets, including some boosted parlays. Most of the time these odds are the best for those specific bets, but not always. Every so often, you’ll get better odds by creating the same exact parlay on your own at BetMGM. It’s something to check before just accepting the “boosted” odds.
- Be sure to always opt-in: It’s disappointing that you still have to opt-in to each BetMGM promotion, but the promos are of a high enough quality that we’ll live with the hassle. Just be sure to always click the opt-in button to avoid missing out.
- Check your bet settings: At BetMGM you can set your default stake in your bet slip, and you can uncheck a box to require confirmation before placing any wagers. These are both great features that help prevent accidentally placing a wager. Unfortunately, the presets are for your default stake amount to be $50 and for the confirmation to be turned off. We advise using the confirmation, though of course, your default wager amount is up to you.
What kind of bets can I make at BetMGM online betting?
At BetMGM Sports you are able to place spread, total, moneyline, prop, and futures wagers. Additionally, you can build parlays and round robins. Here’s an example of what you’ll see listed for an upcoming game:
|Over 8.5 (-110)
|Under 8.5 (-110)
How to bet against the spread (run line)
Sportsbooks use point spread betting to help even the playing field. When you’re betting on baseball, these wagers are called run lines. When you bet on a favored team (generally listed at -1.5 for baseball), that team has runs removed from its score. If you wager on an underdog, that team has runs added to its score. If your team is leading after this adjustment, then you win your bet.
So, for this example, if you bet on the Orioles at +1.5 and they lost to the Nationals 5-4, you would win your bet because after the adjustment Baltimore would be leading 5.5-5. The odds on your bet were -120, which means a $120 bet would win you a profit of $100.
How to bet on totals
Totals wagers are when you wager on the combined score of a game. It does not matter how much each team scores individually or which team wins, just the combined score. Sticking with our example of the Nats winnings 5-4, bets on over 8.5 runs would win. Just like before, odds of -110 mean a $110 bet would win you back $100.
How the moneyline works
Winning a moneyline bet just requires you to correctly wager on the winning team. We already have explained what negative odds mean, so you know a $200 bet on the Washington Nationals would pay out $100. In the case of the Orioles, since their odds are positive, a $100 bet would pay out $165 if correct.
If you are unsure how much a bet could win you, your bet slip will do the math for you when you enter a bet amount.
Understanding prop bets
Prop bets are side bets on events that do not have to do with a game’s final outcome. Common prop bets are on how players will perform statistically in-game. In our example game, you could place a prop bet on how many strikeouts Stephen Strasburg will have, on whether Juan Soto will hit a home run or for the game to go into extra innings.
Multi-bet options at BetMGM
You also can combine all the bets we’ve just discussed and create parlays or round robins. Both parlays and round robins increase your potential winnings by joining individual bets together, but at increased risk.
To win a parlay you cannot miss a single wager, which is why the odds can be so high. Round robins have many more options depending on how many bets you combine, but for the most part, you can miss a pick and still win money back.
Futures betting is when you place wagers on an outcome for a full season or championship playoff. A bet on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl in September, before the season starts, is a futures bet, for instance.
You’ll find plenty of diverse futures options on the BetMGM app for top leagues like:
Live betting at BetMGM
When you click the “Live” tab on the BetMGM app/website, you’ll see all the live games available to bet on at that very moment. With live betting, you can follow games and place wagers in real-time.
It also means you no longer need to worry about placing your bets before a game begins. You might even get lucky if the team you wanted to bet on falls into an early deficit. The odds may become longer, and if your team rallies and wins, you enjoy the spoils of your live bet.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Ravens at BetMGM Sportsbook Maryland?
Yes, you can bet on the Ravens, bet on the Washington Football Team, and all other NFL teams at Bet MGM in Maryland. In addition to all the wagers we’ve already discussed, you also can place tons of football-only bets at BetMGM. Here’s a sampling of a few of those offerings.
- Halves and quarters: You can bet on what will happen during each half and quarter of each game. At BetMGM, you’ll find different spread, total and moneyline bets for each. You also can bet on which half and quarter will be the highest scoring, too.
- Touchdown wagers: The highest paying of these bets are for which player will score the game’s first touchdown or the game’s last touchdown. You also have the choice to bet on a player to score at any point or for a player to score two or three touchdowns.
- Race to X: This can be a great way to bet if you believe one team will start fast or slow. All you are wagering on is the team that will get a certain point total first.
- Double result: The double result is actually available for many sports, and for this bet, you are picking who will be ahead at halftime and at the end of the game.
- Other prop bets: You’ll also see props for total penalties, fourth-down conversions, turnovers, and more at BetMGM. Just keep in mind that for total penalties, it is only for accepted penalties.
How do I get money on (and off!) BetMGM online sportsbook quickly?
Bet MGM Sportsbook arguably has more choices for depositing and withdrawing funds than any other sportsbook in the state. You have almost double the deposit options compared to cashing out choices, but there are still enough that it shouldn’t be an issue. Make sure to enter the No. 1 BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYMD before making your first deposit to claim the best BetMGM Maryland welcome bonus of up to $150 in bonus bets.
|Online bank transfer
|Mastercard, Visa and Discover Credit
and Debit Cards
|Play+ Prepaid Card
|Bank Wire transfer
|Up to 48 Hours
|Up to 5 days
|Online bank transfer
|Up to 5 days
|Up to 5 days
|Play+ prepaid card
|Up to 5 days
BetMGM operates a retail sportsbook at MGM National Harbour, 101 MGM National Avenue, Oxon Hill, MD 20745.
It is unclear at this time if you will be able to deposit and withdraw to your online sportsbook accounts in-person at the retail sportsbook. We will update this spot with more info when it is available.
When did BetMGM launch in Maryland?
BetMGM sportsbook came online in Maryland on November 23, 2022.
BetMGM already has a retail sportsbook at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, MD, so it was no surprise when it was included in the ten sportsbook operators given final approval to come online in the state.
The licenses were approved by the Sports Wagering Application Review Committee, and BetMGM is operating under the regulatory oversight of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency.
How do I get help at Bet MGM Maryland?
Ideally you’ll never need to get help, but if you do you’ll be happy to know BetMGM’s service desk is available 24/7.
Under your account there is a support tab that you’ll click to get the ball rolling when you need assistance. Selecting the FAQ option will trigger a series of questions, with the goal being solving your issue. If you still require help, you can choose to send a message, have a live chat or request a call from a BetMGM representative.
Additionally, Bet MGM also has a help page with answers to frequently asked questions that we’ve found quite useful, so be sure to check that out, as well.
How do I exclude myself from BetMGM?
If you’re interested in setting up betting and deposit limits or excluding yourself from BetMGM Sportsbook, you can do all of that through the website/app.
By scrolling down to the bottom of any page at BetMGM, you’ll see a button for responsible gambling under the “About Us” section. After clicking that, you can scroll down a little bit to a section labeled “Self-exclusion and personal limits.” Under there are links for choosing to ban yourself or for what limits you want to put in place.
If you have any other questions about responsible gambling or want to know if you might have a gambling problem, this Maryland responsible gambling page has additional information.
Can I bet with Bet MGM Sportsbook Maryland in person?
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook & Lounge at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill is now open.
How does BetMGM compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
BetMGM is indisputably one of the best online sportsbooks in the Old Line State. Having the backing of a top name like MGM Resorts is important, but even more important is that BetMGM offers a great product.
It has a leading sportsbook app and a variety of betting options with good odds. Furthermore, you’ll find promotions that benefit various levels of bettors and a solid customer service team to help you if anything goes wrong.
Other sportsbooks in Maryland also have welcome bonuses that are up there with BetMGM’s bonus. The DraftKings bonus, FanDuel bonus, or the Caesars bonus offer are also competing for your attention in the Old Line State.
BetMGM Maryland FAQ
Enter the BetMGM bonus code PLAYMD when you join BetMGM Sportsbook in Maryland. You will get a first bet welcome offer worth up to $150.
No. You can download the app if you want, but you can also use the website on a computer or mobile device. It is accessible through your internet browser and has the same functionality and sports to bet on as the app.
Yes, you can bet on college sports using BetMGM in Maryland. The legislation did not contain any prohibition on betting on in-state teams. We’ll have to see if that remains the case as the state develops its online sports betting regulations.
BetMGM offers early cash-out options, but they’re not available on all bets. To see what bets you can cash out early, go to your bet slip or the cash-out section of your account.
Yes, the lines tend to be similar, with small differences one way or the other. However, if you get an odds boost on a parlay, you’ll likely be getting better odds there.
While the minimum age for DFS in Maryland is 18, the legal age for sports betting is 21 — as is the case in most states. You must also be in Maryland to place wagers with BetMGM.