Betway Sportsbook Maryland – Up to $250 Sign-up Bonus
Disclaimer: Betway Sportsbook is not yet live in the U.S. This review is speculative based on what is known so far, and will be updated should Betway launch in Maryland.
Betway Sportsbook could soon be available in Maryland. The online sportsbook offers a range of sports betting options, along with various promotions and banking methods.
On this page, we’ll review those offerings for Maryland sports bettors, including the bets you can place, the welcome bonus available if you create an account and how the sportsbook app stacks up in comparison to other options.
Here’s the full review, starting with Betway’s risk-free bet of up to $250 for new customers.
- New sign ups get a risk free bet up to $250
- See all ongoing events in one place
- Add to Bet” button that allows you to quickly add new selections to existing bets
- View all of the odds boosts available by clicking on the “Betway Boosts”
Betway Maryland promo code 2023
When you sign up at Betway and make a deposit, the online sportsbook will refund your first bet on the site if it loses for up to $250. To sign up, you need to be 21 or older, and you need to be located within Maryland state lines to place bets.
|Online Sportsbook||Betway Sportsbook Maryland|
|Betway Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $250|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Betway Maryland sign-up bonus — the fine print!
Once you’ve created an account at Betway, you’ll need to make a deposit to qualify for the risk-free bet. The minimum deposit to qualify is $10. After that, Betway sportsbook will cover the first bet you place under its risk-free promotion as long as you place it within seven days of opening your account.
Your bet must have odds of -330 or greater. If you lose, Betway will issue a refund equal to the amount of your bet, up to $250. The refund will arrive in your account as free bet funds, which you then must use to place another bet at the online sportsbook. If that bet wins, you will receive the winnings to do with as you wish, but you will not get the original bet stake back.
Can I trust Betway Sportsbook in Maryland?
Betway is a large online sports betting company that started out in the UK in 2006. It has headquarters in both Malta and Guernsey and runs various online betting products, all of which are trustworthy.
In addition, to launch in Maryland, Betway will have needed to receive a license from the Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency. This means the sportsbook has to have features in place for users to track and restrict their gambling, and you can also choose to close your sportsbook account at any time.
Players must also be 21 or older to sign up for Betway Maryland, and must be within state lines to place any bets. The sportsbook will verify your age when you sign up, and it uses geolocation to ensure you are eligible to bet in the state. The site has measures in place to protect your financial and personal details.
Getting started at Betway Sportsbook in Maryland
Create a Betway account by visiting the site and hitting the “Join Now” button. You may need to choose your state before going any further. Enter the following details to sign up at Betway:
- Full name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Home address
- Security question to protect your account
Select how you would like Betway to contact you, then click the submit button to create your account. You will then need to wait for the sportsbook to verify your details.
How do I download the Betway Maryland app?
Betway Sportsbook has its own app that you can download for easier betting on your phone or tablet. It’s available for both Apple and Android devices and makes it easy to place and track your bets from anywhere within Maryland. Here’s how to download the Betway app:
Betway Sportsbook for Android
Head to the Betway site and follow the onscreen prompts to download the app, or scroll down and select the “Sports Betting App” option. For Android, you’ll need to follow the instructions to download the app directly from the Betway site.
Betway Sportsbook for Apple
Head to the Betway site and follow the prompts as above, this time to download the iOS app. You will be redirected to the App Store, where you can download the app in the same way as any other mobile application.
Where do I find Betway promotions?
Promotions at Betway are linked at the top of the site, and the sportsbook also has a promotions banner that runs on its homepage. The online sportsbook is still relatively new in Maryland, so it has few offers at this time, but there are usually one or two available.
Betway has its own enhanced odds section on the site called “Betway Boosts” where you’ll find better odds for your bets on basketball, hockey, football and more. Open the site’s main menu to browse all Betway Boosts.
The site also tends to run offers on parlays. For example, Betway runs a “1-Game Parlay” promo from time to time, where you’ll receive a boost to your winnings for a same-game parlay.
Why should I choose the Betway Sportsbook app?
Betway frequently adds new features to its sportsbook app to improve user experience. Here are some of the current areas that stood out during our review:
- See all ongoing events in one place: Open the “Today’s Events” page to view all games taking place right now, and others that are due to happen today. This is a great way to minimize your time spent browsing the site when you’re in a rush to place a bet. There’s also the option to filter your results by sport, making searching even easier.
- Add to Bet: Betway has an “Add to Bet” button that allows you to quickly add new selections to existing bets. With this, you can easily modify your bets without creating and placing an entirely new one.
- Betway Boosts: View all of the odds boosts available on Betway by clicking on the “Betway Boosts” link toward the top of the page. The page will show the most popular options automatically, but you can filter by sport to fit the page to your preferences.
What won’t I like about the Betway Sportsbook app?
The Betway app is a popular option with many, but there are always ways to improve. Here’s a few ways the app could up its game:
- More statistics: Betway tries to include game, team and player statistics to help you make educated bets, but it would be great to see more. Most of the stats currently available are pretty generic. We’d like to see more specific stats such as “total shots” and “shots on target” when live betting, for example.
- Improved speed: During busy periods, the Betway app at times can slow down or even freeze. The sportsbook fixes this quickly, but it’s a bug we’d definitely like to see go away to make for a much smoother user experience.
What kind of bets can I make at Betway online betting?
As expected, Betway covers all the major bets at its Maryland sportsbook. Here’s a rundown of the most common options you’re likely to see:
- Moneylines: These bets are great for folks new to online sportsbooks. Bet on the winner of a game. You’ll see that the favorite to win will have negative odds, while the underdog will have positive odds.
- Totals: Bet on whether the combined total score will be over or under a line that Betway has set before the game.
- Point spreads: These bets incorporate the scoring difference between two teams. The team you back needs to either win by more than the spread number (if it’s the favorite) or avoid losing by more than the spread if it’s the underdog.
- Props: A sports betting favorite, you’ll bet on side events separate from the final score. This could involve betting on how many passing yards a player will have, or the first team to reach 15 points during a game. Props are a great way to add a little action to an event.
- Live betting: This one is pretty much what it says on the tin — betting live on games as they play out. Click the “In-Play” button on Betway’s top navigation bar to view all live games in one place.
- Futures: Futures are different from your standard pregame bet as you’ll often be wagering on season winners, player awards and other season-long outcomes due to settle months down the line.
- Parlays: Link multiple bets together to form a parlay. With these bets, all your individual picks will need to win for you to win the full bet. You might find parlay insurance offers on Betway that will allow you to collect a smaller payout if just one leg of your parlay loses.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Orioles at Betway?
Yes, you certainly can bet on the Baltimore Orioles as well as the rest of Major League Baseball at Betway Sportsbook. We’ve listed a few popular MLB betting options you might want to check out below:
- Run line: The run line is baseball’s version of point spread betting. You’re wagering on if the favorite will win by more than one run, or if the underdog will either win the game or lose but keep the score within a run. If you were to bet on the Orioles to win a game by more than one run and the odds were -1.5 (+150), you’d stand to win $15 profit from a $10 wager.
- First five innings: Wager on the Orioles to be in the lead after the end of the fifth inning. These wagers minimize the role of bullpens in the game and put the focus on the starting pitchers.
- To make the playoffs: Bet on the Baltimore Orioles to make the playoffs at the end of the regular season. Here, you’ll also be able to bet on your favorite players to take home end-of-season awards.
How do I get money on (and off!) Betway Sportsbook quickly?
Banking at Betway is simple and fast. You won’t find the most payment options available, but the sportsbook is slowly improving on this. Here’s how you can deposit and withdraw on the Betway website or app.
Open the Betway cashier on the website by logging in and clicking the “Bank” button in the top right corner of the site. On the app, click on your user icon then select “Deposit” or “Withdraw.”
Deposit using a credit card, PayPal, prepaid Play+ card, PayNearMe (available at 7-Eleven, CVS and Family Dollar) or VIP Preferred. Deposits are instant, so you’ll be able to bet with your cash straight away.
Withdraw using prepaid Play+ card, PayPal or e-check. It can take up to seven days for withdrawals to process at Betway, but it’s usually much faster.
How do I get help at Betway sports betting?
Open the help section in the main menu or footer of the sportsbook to get in touch with assistance at Betway. The FAQ will load first, which covers plenty of topics including banking, how to gamble responsibly and promotions.
If you still need to get in touch with Betway, you can start a live chat between 8 a.m. and 12 a.m. by clicking the live chat button. Players who are contacting out of hours can submit a support ticket to receive a response later.
How do I exclude myself from Betway?
It’s important that you keep track of your betting habits to ensure you’re gambling responsibly. To help with this, Betway lets you set limits on your play and even self-exclude if things get to be too much.
It’s easy to access all information on responsible betting by clicking the “safer gambling” link on Betway. Here, you can set deposit limits and session reminders to track your time on the site at just the click of a button.
Betway also has a fantastic “self assessment” feature. This allows you to take a five-minute quiz to assess your gambling habits and understand how you bet. You can take a break from Betway for anywhere from 24 hours up to six weeks, close your account or self-exclude from Betway products for six-plus months through the same “safer gambling” page.
Can I bet at Betway sportsbook in person?
You cannot bet with Betway in person at this time, but a Maryland retail sportsbook could become available if Betway sees success in the state. If a retail sportsbook launches, you will be able to place bets, deposit and withdraw at the venue. We will update this section when we have more news on a potential Betway retail sportsbook.
How does Betway compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
Although relatively new to the US when compared with some other online sportsbooks, Betway has made its presence known so far. We like that the sportsbook offers a large number of betting markets, and features like the “Today’s Events” and “Betway Boosts” pages are excellent additions.
We’d like to see improvements to the speed of Betway’s app to help it compete against other online sportsbooks in the state. Other than this one gripe, Betway is a fantastic online sportsbook that’s definitely worth checking out.
Betway offers new customers a risk-free bet for up to $250.
You must be 21 or older to create an online sportsbook account and bet on sports in Maryland. The sportsbook will confirm your age and other details when you sign up.
Yes, you can view all enhanced odds at Betway by clicking on the “Betway Boosts” link toward the top of the page. You will also have the option to cash out of some bets early. Keep an eye on your bet slip for this.
You can withdraw your winnings at Betway using a prepaid card, e-check or PayPal. Withdrawals must be a minimum of $10, and it can take up to seven days for requests to process, though it’s normally much faster than this.
Head to the sportsbook site via mobile browser to download the Betway app onto your phone or tablet.