ESPN BET Sportsbook Maryland Bonus Offers & Review
ESPN Bet Sportsbook is now available in Maryland after launching in the state on November 14, 2023. When you create a new account with ESPN Bet Maryland you’ll get a welcome bonus worth $1,200, no promo code required.
Top Maryland sportsbook welcome bonuses in December 2023
Via a massive 2023 deal with Penn Entertainment, ESPN inherited the Barstool Sportsbook corporate assets. This provided ESPN with a fantastic, already-built platform upon which to launch its first sports betting venture. Keep reading to learn all about ESPN Bet Sportsbook, first up how precisely the two-part welcome offer worth $1,200 works.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook Maryland promo code for December 2023
You don’t need an ESPN Bet Sportsbook promo code to claim the $1,200 welcome bonus. Sign up for a new account and you’ll qualify for both parts of the sign-up promo.
|ESPN Bet Maryland Promo Code||No code needed|
|Sign-Up Offer||$1,000 deposit match + $200 in bonus bets with first wager|
|Bonus T&Cs||• 20x playthrough requirement with deposit match
• $200 comes as four $50 bonus bets
|Best Feature||A smartly designed UI creates a great player experience|
|Online Since||November 14, 2023|
|Last Updated||December 8, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see ESPN Bet Sportsbook Maryland for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Maximizing the ESPN Bet welcome offer
Here’s a guide to claiming the ESPN Bet Sportsbook welcome bonus in Maryland in December.
- Sign up for a new ESPN Bet account. Former Barstool Sportsbook users don’t need to create a new account. Instead, they just need to sign in to ESPN Bet Sportsbook using their Barstool login and password.
- No ESPN Bet promo code is needed. All users are eligible for the top welcome offer at ESPN Bet Sportsbook, for that reason, you don’t need to enter a promo code to claim the $1,200 ESPN Sportsbook bonus.
- Make your first deposit. ESPN matches this deposit 100% for as much as $1,000. The match comes as bonus money, which is unlocked at a rate of $20 in qualifying bets for every $1 in bonus bets. All bets with final odds of -200 or longer count toward the playthrough requirement.
- Place your first bet. Once your first cash bet is placed, ESPN Bet adds four $50 bonus bets into your virtual wallet. These bets expire in seven days, so use them before then.
Getting started at the ESPN Sportsbook for Maryland
If you are located within the borders of Maryland, signing up for an ESPN Sportsbook account couldn’t be easier. You don’t even need an ESPN Bet promo code to claim the sign-up bonus worth up to $1,000. Just follow the below steps to register quickly and start betting immediately.
- Head to the ESPN Bet Sportsbook Maryland website.
- Look to the left side of the website for a menu with various links.
- Toward the top of this menu, select the button labeled “Log In.”
- After clicking this, a box will appear. Select “Create a New Account” within this screen.
- Confirm that you are located within Maryland and select “Continue.”
- Continue to click through the miscellaneous prompts, and provide any personal information required. You will need to provide your Social Security number to verify your identity.
- Select a fun username and a good password.
- After completing the forms and verifying your age and identity, you are all done!
- Log in with your shiny new creds, and make your initial deposit with ESPN Bet.
ESPN Sportsbook app rating (4.5/5)
ESPN is known throughout the world as the preeminent source of sports news and entertainment. It makes sense that it would extend its reach into online sports gambling. Fortunately, once it completed the acquisition of Barstool Sportsbook in the summer of 2023, ESPN was in a great position to enter the market quickly with a full-fledged sportsbook product.
We were pleased with our experience testing out this sportsbook and can very highly recommend it. Alongside a stellar UI, ESPN Bet features sleek and modern graphics and an overall terrific betting experience.
The ESPN Sportsbook app can be downloaded on compatible mobile devices but is also playable right from your desktop or laptop. This flexibility means that players have the convenience of playing wherever they are most comfortable, even on the go.
Below, though, we’ll rate the ESPN Bet Maryland app in particular.
- Ease of logging in: 4.5/5 – Players can access their account fast by turning on the Face ID feature in the app (available on both Android and iOS). And when using the desktop software, simply opt for your browser to securely save your password to make logging in a breeze.
- Ease of placing bets: 4.6/5 – We loved that our betting slip was always in view on the side of the screen rather than hidden away on a different page. This made it easy to track the bets and money we had on the line at any given moment.
- Overall speed: 4.4/5 – The desktop program loaded pages a split second faster than the app, but really, the difference was negligible. As long as you are on a fast cellular or WiFi network, you should have no issues with the speed of the software.
- Ability to place parlays: 4.8/5 – ESPN Bet definitely permits you to make the full array of parlay bets you would expect from any sportsbook. Players can either create custom parlays from scratch or take advantage of some of the suggested multi-leg parlays that the app features.
- Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.4/5 – Single-game parlays as well as multi-game parlays are available when playing at ESPN Bet Sportsbook.
- Overall: 4.5/5 – Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our experience test-driving the ESPN sportsbook. We loved the graphical interface of the app, as well as the simplicity of finding and placing wagers. The desktop software does feel slightly more clunky than the app, so we recommend the streamlined mobile experience if you have the option.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook vs. BetMGM Sportsbook
Below is a comparison between ESPN Bet and one of the top sportsbooks in the market right now: BetMGM Maryland. Although both provide the same service, BetMGM has been on the scene much longer and has had a chance to tweak and perfect its sportsbook offering. This is why we felt this comparison would be good to consider for players who are trying to decide which sportsbook to use among the many, many options.
|Feature||ESPN Bet Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook|
|Top Benefit||Bonuses & Promos||Loyalty club|
|What's Lacking?||Insurance bonuses||Not enough promos|
Live betting options at ESPN Bet Sportsbook
In-game betting has absolutely exploded in the last few years of online sports wagering. It makes sense! If a sports lover is watching the game already, why not put some money down to make the game even more exciting? Or perhaps savvy sports bettors find the odds to be slightly in their favor when betting after the event has started. Whatever your reasons, you can turn to ESPN Bet for all of your live betting.
Whether you want to wager on the final score of a game, predict individual player performances, or create the perfect mid-game parlay, the entire gamut of options is available to you. ESPN Bet supports live betting for all of the four major sports leagues, of course, but also offers live betting on some less popular sports like rugby. Of course, it cannot offer live bets on every single event, but odds are that if you’re watching a televised sport, you will be able to place some money down on it during the game.
What other bets are available at ESPN Bet?
Here is a quick breakdown of the different bet types you can make at ESPN Bet Sportsbook.
- Straight bets – Whether you choose to bet the points spread or simply the moneyline, straight bets are the most basic type of bets available.
- Parlay – Pick two or more outcomes correctly on your betting slip and win big money due to the lower odds that come with parlay wagers. The bets are bundled though, so they all have to win.
- Prop bets – ESPN Bet supports individual propositional wagers, which are not tied to game results. These include individual player yards gained, which team will win the coin toss, and lots more.
- Over/unders – Place a wager on the total combined points in a match and whether that number will be above or below the line set by ESPN.
- Futures – Make a season-long prediction, like who will win the championship or a coveted year-end award like Rookie of the Year.
Banking, customer service, and setting limits at ESPN Bet online sportsbook
How to add funds or cash out
ESPN Bet uses many financial methods to deposit and withdraw funds, but admittedly fewer than some competitors. Even still, we found that deposits get credited instantly, and withdrawals process quickly as well. We can deal with slightly fewer banking options, especially because ESPN does support many of the most popular options.
- Credit or debit card
- Prepaid Play+ Card
- Apple Pay
- ACH transfer
- Bank wire transfer
Regardless of which banking method works best for you, you will not see a fee from ESPN Bet for depositing funds.
- Credit or debit card
- Prepaid Play+ Card
- Apple Pay
- ACH transfer
- Bank wire transfer
As you may have expected, sportsbook withdrawals are subject to a waiting period of up to several days, so your transaction can be verified and processed. We did find that ESPN Bet processed withdrawals quickly and without imposing any fee. Keep in mind that your chosen payment processor may impose a fee, so choose carefully. We recommend PayPal for a fast and fee-free experience.
How to contact ESPN Bet Sportsbook customer service in Maryland
ESPN Bet Sportsbook offers many ways for players to get help if needed. We were surprised to find that the Help/FAQ section on the website is fairly bare. Luckily, ESPN Bet offers the gold standard of customer support: 24/7 live chat. You can get help any time of day by chatting with a real agent.
Of course, if you prefer to speak to someone, you can also contact ESPN Bet via its customer support phone number. If your problem requires longer-term assistance, we recommend contacting ESPN via the dedicated customer support email address listed on the homepage. As a last resort, ESPN is very responsive on its social media pages, so players can always reach out there via direct message.
How to set limits at ESPN Bet Sportsbook
It is clear that smart and responsible gambling is extremely important to ESPN. The sportsbook has implemented multiple methods to help players bet within their means and not over their heads. One of the best features is a holdover from its days as Barstool—the “reality check.” This check allows players to continuously track how much time and money they are spending on the app.
On top of the “reality check,” ESPN offers the usual self-imposed limits on wager amounts, deposits, and playing time. As a final resort, players can self-exclude from the platform entirely. You can choose a self-exclusion period from one week up to a lifetime ban.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook Maryland FAQ
You don’t need to enter an ESPN Bet Sportsbook promo code to claim the $1,200 welcome bonus in December in Maryland. See the ESPN Bet Sportsbook promo code section above for complete terms and conditions.
Withdrawals process fairly quickly at ESPN Bet, with funds hitting your account in just a few business days.
No, no fees are charged by ESPN for depositing funds or withdrawing money into your bank account.
No, you do not need to reside in Maryland to play at ESPN Bet, but you do need to be within its borders to place a bet or perform any transactions.
Yes, definitely. Players can access a huge range of MLB bets, which includes wagers on Maryland’s favorite baseball club.