Disclaimer: Barstool Sportsbook has not launched in Maryland. We’re anticipating that a small number of online sportsbooks could launch as early as Wednesday, November 23, in Maryland. Here are those most likely to launch at that time, and even better, you can open accounts with them today and receive various pre-launch bonuses.
Barstool Sportsbook has asserted itself in the legal US sports betting market and is likely to lunch in Maryland after getting approved by the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) in mid-November 2022.
Stoolie loyalists in Maryland will be eligible for a sportsbook welcome bonus worth up to $1,010. They’ll be able to use that initial boost to bet on a variety of sports, both domestically and internationally. Below, we’ll discuss how Barstool measures up against other online sportsbooks in Maryland and what the site has to offer sports bettors.
Barstool Sportsbook promo code Maryland 2022
Barstool will provide $10 in bonus cash when you sign up for an account. After that, your first wager on the site will be risk-free up to $1,000. See the details below.
|Online Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Maryland|
|Barstool Maryland Promo Code||None needed|
|No Deposit Bonus||$10|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $1,000|
|Expected Launch Date||November 23, 2022|
|Last Updated||December 2022|
Barstool Sports Maryland welcome bonus — the fine print
The $10 you receive just for joining comes with no odds limitations. The main condition to be aware of is the 1x wagering requirement, meaning you have to wager the money at least once. You can’t immediately withdraw it.
As for the second part of Barstool’s welcome bonus, after you make a real money deposit of $5 or more, your first wager at odds of -200 or higher will be risk-free. If the bet loses, the sportsbook will issue a refund in free bets for the amount of the wager, up to the listed maximum of $1,000. For example, if you bet $100 and lose, you get $100 in free bets.
Can I trust Barstool Sportsbook in Maryland?
Yes, you can, especially considering the name behind the site’s operations. In early 2020, gambling titan Penn National Gaming purchased a 36% interest in Barstool sports for $163 million. Under the deal, Penn National has become Barstool’s exclusive partner and has the right to use its online betting products.
State legislators in Maryland passed HB 940 in 2021 to provide a framework for retail and online sports betting in the state, following voter approval in 2020. Up to 60 licenses will be available to internet-based operators as well as licenses for retail facilities.
In a bid for a market share in Maryland, Penn National acquired operations of Hollywood Casino Perryville in 2020. On November 16, Barstool was one of ten applicants approved for lunch in Maryland. Next up the Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency will announce a launch date for sports betting in Maryland. Here are a few restrictions to keep in mind:
- You’ll need to meet the state’s minimum age requirement.
- You have to be located within Maryland when placing a bet.
- Both college and pro sports betting are legal.
Getting started with Barstool Sportsbook
The registration process at Barstool is similar to other online sportsbooks:
- On the sportsbook’s website, click the registration button.
- Provide the necessary details (username, password, address, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number).
- Tick the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Look around and get ready to start placing bets.
Once you’re finished with the sign-up procedure, you may need to provide additional proof of your identity, such as a copy of your ID and/or passport.
How do I download the Barstool app?
If you’re into on-the-go betting, make sure to check out Barstool’s app. It is available for iOS and Android devices, and you’ll be able to download the appropriate app for your device by clicking the relevant link on the Barstool site and following the prompts from there to complete the download and installation process.
Where do I find Barstool promotions?
The majority of Barstool’s key links will appear on the left side of the screen, and that includes the promotions page. The promotional roster updates every once in a while, so check to see if there’s an offer you want to claim.
As for what you might find, the power hour promotions will give you a discount on selected matchups throughout the day. During top-tier sporting events, Barstool usually rolls out contests, where bettors can compete for cash prizes. The sportsbook also occasionally runs non-sport-specific promos, giving away tickets for events and concerts.
Finally, you can benefit from the My Choice rewards program. This lets you collect loyalty points on all your bets, and once you amass a sufficient number of points, you can redeem them for hotel stays, dining comps, and more.
Why should I choose the Barstool Sportsbook app?
Barstool has multiple qualities that make it an excellent betting choice in Maryland. Here are the main ones:
- Solid sign-up bonus: Not only does the Barstool offer a $10 no deposit bonus, but it also provides a refund in a sportsbook free bet bonus up to $1,000 for your first bet.
- Bet with Barstool: This feature allows you to bet with Barstool personalities like Dave Portnoy, Marty Mush, and Dan “Big Cat” Katz. Stoolies’ favorite personalities announce exclusive bets via Barstool’s podcasts that usually come with enhanced odds.
- Rewarding loyalty program: The loyalty program is connected with all Penn National retail facilities. This means that your bets will count toward the My Choice rewards program. The more points you collect, the bigger the perks you’ll receive.
What won’t I like about Barstool Sports Book?
While Barstool has a lot going for it, the sportsbook is not without flaws. Here are a couple of the areas the site could improve upon:
- Occasionally poor prices: On the whole, Barstool offers sharp sports odds for most markets. When it comes to spreads and totals, the sportsbook has released overly juicy odds from time to time. Not many bettors are going to dither over a few line points, but seasoned handicappers might.
- No live stream coverage: Live streaming allows bettors to watch the action unfold in real-time while placing bets on it. In fairness, not many sites support this feature, but for a sportsbook that seeks to come off as a trendsetter, live streaming should be a must-have addition.
What kinds of bets can I place at Barstool sports betting?
The sportsbook features a typical betting package with moneylines, spreads, totals, props, and futures, in addition to a few quirky options. Here’s how a typical game listing looks at Barstool:
|Washington Wizards||-3.5 (-110)||-138||Over 222.5 (-112)|
|Detroit Pistons||+3.5 (-110)||+150||Under 222.5 (-109)|
The positive and negative moneyline numbers in the chart above illustrate whether you’re betting on the underdog or the favorite and your potential payout. The positive number represents the underdog, and its value points toward the amount of money you’ll win on a correct $100 bet. The negative odds for the favorite indicate how much you would need to bet to win a $100 profit.
In our example, the Wizards are -138 favorites on the moneyline. That means that you would need to place a $138 bet on the Washington Wizards to win $100 on their potential victory. The Pistons are priced at +150, and as such provide a better potential payout — $150 for a $100 bet. The ratio of profit to wager remains the same for bigger and smaller bet amounts.
Popular bets at Barstool Sportsbook
The three bets from the example above are generally the most prevalent at US sportsbooks.
Moneyline bets are wagers on which side you expect to win. The margin of victory and other issues don’t matter, just the overall winner. The odds will shift based on each side’s perceived ability. The bigger the gap between the numbers, the more the sportsbook sees a potential mismatch.
The point spread bet is essentially a wager on the margin of victory. To cover the spread, the underdog team can lose while keeping the margin closer than the spread number, or it can win the game outright. The favorite must win by an amount greater than the spread. In our made-up game, the Wizards are listed as being -3.5 on the spread, which means that they have to win by four or more points for a bet on them to payout.
Totals or over/unders are wagers on the total combined score of a game, regardless of which side wins. The sportsbook will set a line, and you can wager whether the actual total will be over or under that number. The odds for both outcomes are usually right around -110, the same as for point spread bets.
Props and futures at Barstool
Props are not dependent on the outcome of the game or final score. Instead, you are betting on specific accomplishments for individual players, teams, or the game itself. Prop bets can appear in over/under or yes/no formats. In some instances, you need to pick between more than two selections. Here are some common examples of props:
- Player props in NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL games (total points, assists, runs, touchdowns, etc., by an individual player).
- Will Player X notch a double-double in an NBA game?
- Which team will score the first run in an MLB game?
Futures are bets on outcomes that will take an entire season or playoff series to determine. Most futures bets pertain to winning some sort of a championship, series, or individual award. You can place futures bets on MVP winners in major sports, conference and division winners, finals winners, and so forth. Given their many and varied potential outcomes, futures bets generally offer pretty generous odds on each individual pick.
Multi-bets at Barstool
With parlay and teaser bets, you can combine multiple selections into one wager for a larger potential payout. Make no mistake, multi-bets are extremely difficult to win because each individual component must be correct. Get just one pick wrong and you win nothing.
At Barstool, you’ll find a quick link to the live betting platform in the menu on the left of the screen, right above the casino icon. At any given time, you’ll find in-game odds for mainstream sports and a few niche fixtures like table tennis and darts.
For those unaware, live betting is when you place wagers on a contest that has already started. The odds and lines will shift rapidly to reflect the ever-changing game flow. This means you likely need to be quick if you see some odds you like.
Can I bet on the NHL’s Washington Capitals at Barstool?
Yes, you will be able to bet on Washington Capitals games at Barstool, from betting on the NHL regular season all the way to placing Stanley Cup Final bets. On top of the standard wagers above, Barstool offers a few hockey-specific variations:
- Period bets: Predict the final score of each individual period of a hockey game. It doesn’t matter what happens in the periods before or after. An example of a period bet would be picking the Capitals to win the first period. If they lead at the end of that designated time frame but end up losing the game, you’ll still get your payout.
- Puck line: Puck line is the equivalent of the point spread in basketball and football spreads. Since hockey is a low-scoring game, the sportsbook usually sets the line at -/+ 1.5. If the Capitals are -1.5 at the puck line, they would have to win the game by two or more goals for you to collect.
- Player shots: Player shots are prop bets on the number of shots a player will have on goal. It’s listed in the over/under format and comes with varying odds.
- Player points: As the name suggests, this bet is about predicting whether a certain player will score at least one point in the game.
How do I get money on (and off) Barstool Sportsbook quickly?
Barstool’s cashier doesn’t have as many options as some other betting sites, but you should still be able to find a payment method that matches your preferences. Here are the deposit options:
- Wire transfer
- Online banking
- ACH (e-check)
- Pay with cash
- Debit/credit card
- Play+ card
Unsurprisingly, the options for cashing out are in shorter supply. You can withdraw via the following options:
- VIP Preferred
- Check in the mail
Minimum transactions are $10 for both deposits and withdrawals.
How do I get help at Barstool Online Sportsbook?
If you run into any troubleshooting issues at Barstool, you can solve them quickly via live chat or phone support. You’ll get an immediate response regardless of which of these contact channels you choose. Email service is marginally slower but offers equally efficient problem-solving skills.
How do I exclude myself from Barstool Sportsbook?
If you want to learn the warning signs of problem gambling and how to get the help you need, look for the responsible gambling section on Barstool’s website. The sportsbook offers several measures to prevent its users from developing an addition or stop it from progressing. These include a suite of tools that allow you to set limits on how much and how often you gamble. You can also exclude yourself from the site for a set period or indefinitely.
Can I bet at Barstool Sportsbook in person?
You will be able to once Penn National signs licensing papers and links up Barstool with its retail property in Maryland, Hollywood Casino Perryville. Here are the property details:
- Address: 1201 Chesapeake Overlook Parkway, Perryville
- Phone: 410-378-8500
- Website: hollywoodcasinoperryville.com/
How does Barstool compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
Barstool offers a solid welcome bonus, and the site has introduced a variety of distinct features and promotions. In addition, it excels in a few other areas, like customer support and market selection. Altogether, these qualities make up a robust betting platform that should accommodate most bettors’ needs against other big names in sports betting. This includes such books as DraftKings Sportsbook Maryland, FanDuel Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook or the Caesars Maryland app.
Barstool Maryland FAQs
What is the best Barstool Sportsbook bonus code for December 2022?
You won’t need to enter a Barstool bonus code to claim the top Barstool welcome bonus of a risk-free bet for up to $1,000. See terms and conditions in the sign-up bonus section above.
Is Barstool Sportsbook legal in Maryland?
Yes, Barstool Sportsbook received its online sports betting license in Maryland in mid-November 2022.
Can you bet on games live at Barstool?
Yes, Barstool Sportsbook offers live wagering for all the top leagues.