BetRivers Sportsbook Maryland – $500 Sign-up Bonus
BetRivers Sportsbook was among the oddsmakers that launched on day one for online sportsbooks in Maryland — November 23, 2022. You can join BetRivers Maryland and claim a second chance free bet worth up to $500. Simply enter the BetRivers bonus code PLAYRIV to be eligible.
In addition to having a quality app, BetRivers has one of the fastest websites you’ll find. This page will go over how the BetRivers welcome bonus works, how to register, and the wagers you can place at BetRivers Sportsbook. We’ll also cover additional promotions at the online sportsbook beyond the initial welcome offer and how you can get help if you run into issues.
But let’s get started with the second chance free bet bonus.
When did BetRivers Sportsbook launch in Maryland?
BetRivers launched on November 23.
Final licensing approval was handled by the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission. They met on November 16th and approved ten sportsbooks to go live after testing, including BetRivers. Shortly thereafter it was announced that BetRivers, along with several other operators, would launch exactly one week later: November 23.
BetRivers is partnered with Bingo World in Baltimore, which also is where the BetRivers retail sportsbook is located.
Customers at BetRivers need to be 21 or older and within state lines to bet.
BetRivers bonus code Maryland 2023
To claim the BetRivers welcome offer, enter the BetRivers Sportsbook bonus code PLAYRIV either when you create an account or when you make your first deposit on the site. When you do you’ll be eligible for a second chance bet for up to $500. Keep reading to learn how the second chance bet at BetRivers works.
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook Maryland|
|BetRivers Maryland Bonus Code||PLAYRIV|
|Welcome Bonus||Second chance free bet for up to $500|
|Launch Date||November 23, 2022|
|Retail Sportsbook||Bingo World, Baltimore|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
BetRivers Maryland $500 welcome bonus – how it works
After using the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV and making your initial deposit, here is how the BetRivers welcome bonus works.
- The sportsbook provides you a second chance bet on the first wager you place. Basically, this is insurance if you opening wager loses.
- Say you win first bet, you’ll collect your winnings and the BetRivers welcome bonus goes away.
- However, if you lose your opening bet, BetRivers will issue you a free bet, equal to the size of your wager, maxing out at $500.
- Some sportsbooks refer to this as a risk-free bet, BetRivers does not because you receive a free bet in return, not cash back. Thus, it is not a risk-free bet.
Is the BetRivers deposit bonus worthwhile?
Yes, welcome bonuses like this are worthwhile in our opinion. If you’re going to bet with BetRivers, then there is absolutely no reason to not take advantage of the second chance welcome bonus. Ideally, you won’t need it because the plan is to win your first bet. But if you’re not fortunate enough to do so you’ll be glad you get a free bet back instead of just losing your wager altogether.
Can I trust BetRivers Sportsbook?
Yes, you can feel confident doing business with BetRivers. Prior to debuting in Maryland, BetRivers had launched in numerous other states and it continues to be in the mix as more states regulate sports betting.
In addition, to launch in Maryland BetRivers had to pass muster with the state’s Sports Wagering Application Review Commission. If the commission had any qualms, BetRivers wouldn’t have received a sports betting license. And BetRivers operates in the state under the regulatory guidelines and oversight of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency.
To legally gamble at BetRivers or any of the other lawful sportsbooks in Maryland you need to be 21 or older. You also must be in Maryland when you make any bets or cash out any bets early. You need to have geolocation software turned on on your device to verify this.
Getting started at BetRivers Maryland sports betting
Opening a new BetRivers Sportsbook account in Maryland is quick and easy. Begin by clicking the Bet Rivers link on this page to head to the sportsbook site. Once you’re there, click the button to sign up and then enter the following details:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Valid email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number, last four digits
- BetRivers Maryland bonus code PLAYRIV
You’ll also need to create a password and username. Then you’ll have a couple of security questions to select and answer. You’ll need to remember your answers because they are required if you need to get help from customer service.
How do I download the BetRivers Maryland app?
The BetRivers MD app is free and available for Android and iOS devices. To get it, head to the BetRivers website and scroll down. You’ll see links to download the app for both operating systems toward the bottom of the page. Click on the appropriate link and follow any additional instructions to get the app on your device.
Where do I find BetRivers MD promotions?
You can find the current BetRivers promotions by clicking the promotions header. On the website, the header is located at the top, while on the app you’ll see a link at the bottom.
Live profit boosts at Bet Rivers
One of the most common promotions you’ll find is for live profit boosts. These boosts will vary based on the time of year and the sports that are in season.
Overall, though, the boosts almost always function in the same way. There are set days for when certain live boosts are available, and the promotions make it very clear which sports are eligible on which days. You get one boost per day, so make it count, and make sure you select the profit boost in your bet slip before submitting a wager.
How to opt in to BetRivers promotions
All you need to do is follow the requirements to be eligible for bonuses. For profit boosts, that means clicking on the boost in your bet slip. For other free bet offers, that means adhering to odds requirements and bet amount stipulations, which each promotion will clearly outline.
Does BetRivers offer odds boosts?
Yes, you can find BetRivers’ daily odds boosts by clicking on the “House Specials” link on the left side of the homepage. The house specials range from spreads to moneylines and parlays to props, and they feature some of the best odds you’ll find in Maryland.
What is the iRush Rewards program?
iRush Rewards is BetRivers’ loyalty club, and you become a member when you open a BetRivers account. Each wager you make earns you reward points. You can redeem those points for profit boosts, bonus money and free bets.
Here’s a breakdown of how you accrue reward points at BetRivers:
|Parlay Size||Wager Per 1 Point Earned|
|1 (single bet)||$5.00|
Why should I choose the BetRivers Sportsbook app?
Choosing which online sportsbook to join can be a challenging decision, especially in Maryland with around 60 online betting licenses available. To help you weigh your options, here are three things BetRivers sports betting does well:
- Betting tips: Betting on sports is tough, and doing research can be time consuming. Luckily at BetRivers you’ll see a tips icon for most games. When you click on it, you’ll see various facts and stats along with a bet for each. These tips can make betting faster and easier, and potentially more profitable, as well.
- Promotions and rewards: While the promotions at BetRivers may not be the absolute best sportsbook bonuses in Maryland, they still are pretty darn good. What’s more, BetRivers is among a small number of sportsbooks with a loyalty program (iRush Rewards), and that loyalty program is one of the best you’ll find in the state.
- Tons of betting options: BetRivers offers bets for the top North American sports leagues, such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and both college basketball and football. Along with that, you’ll find a variety of bets you can place on each game.
What won’t I like about the BetRivers sports betting app?
Also important to consider when choosing an online sportsbook, here are some areas where BetRivers struggles:
- Glitchy app: The BetRivers app is solid, but not spectacular. At times, it can even be a little bit glitchy. We have seen improvement, however, so we’re hopeful that some of these minor hiccups will be completely gone in short order.
- No help desk number: If you prefer being able to talk to a help desk worker via a live chat, then BetRivers has you covered. You also can send an email if you experience any problems. However, if you would rather talk to an agent on the phone, you will not be able to do so.
- The BetRivers newsfeed: When BetRivers launched, we didn’t like or understand the newsfeed, and that hasn’t changed. On the website, it continuously scrolls through users who have won big or are on a winning streak. It doesn’t add anything and can be annoying.
What kind of bets can I make at BetRivers online betting?
You can place moneyline, spread and total bets at BetRivers. You also will find a number of prop betting options, futures markets, parlay-style wagers and live betting choices. And remember, when you sign up using the BetRivers promo code PLAYRIV, the first bet you place will be insured for up to $500.
Here is how BetRivers displays the lines for a game, followed by an explanation of the various bets.
|Cleveland Guardians||+116||+1.0 (-143)||Over 8.5 (-120)|
|Baltimore Orioles||-124||-1.0 (+120)||Under 8.5 (+100)|
Win or moneyline betting
What’s listed as “Win” at BetRivers is what most sportsbooks will label the moneyline. These are bets on which team will win. If a team has positive odds, the sportsbook considers it to be the underdog. In this case, that’s the Guardians. If a team has negative odds, it is the favorite.
If you bet on the favored Orioles at -124, you would need to bet $124 to win $100. A bet on the Guardians, meanwhile, would carry a profit potential of $116 on a $100 wager.
Baseball spread betting at BetRivers
Baseball spread betting can be a little different at BetRivers compared to other sportsbooks. Other books list the standard spread, or run line, at +/-1.5. BetRivers may use that line, but it will often set it at +/-1.0, as it did here. This method will lead to pushes. It also means sports spread bets on underdogs will win only if that team wins the game straight up. In this example, the Orioles have to win by more than one run since they’re the favorite. If the Guardians lose by exactly one run, all spread bets would push and you’d get your money back.
When it comes to betting on totals, also known as over/unders, the only thing that matters is how many runs both teams will combine to score. The winner of the game is inconsequential. If you were to bet on the under in this example and the final score was 7-3, your wager would lose because the two teams combined for more than 8.5 runs.
Prop betting choices
You also will find a plethora of prop bets at BetRivers for all MLB games and for most other sports, too. Props are wagers on whether specific events will happen during a game. Here are some examples of baseball prop bets: Which team scores first, how many strikeouts will a starting pitcher have, will a specific player will hit a home run and so on.
BetRivers futures wagers
At BetRivers, it’s easy to see all the available online futures markets. Simply select the sport you want and then choose the “Futures” option, located above the lines. After doing that, you can see whether that sport has more futures than just outright winners. If it’s a popular sports league, chances are it will.
Parlay, teaser and round robin betting
These have the potential to be some of the most profitable wagers you can place at BetRivers. They also are some of the most challenging bets to get right, however.
- Parlays are when you combine two or more bets as a single wager. To win, you’ll need to get each of the individual bets correct. If you don’t, you win nothing.
- Teasers are very similar to parlays, but they are only for football or basketball spread wagers, and you can alter the lines for each of the games in your favor. This makes the overall teaser easier to win but also reduces your potential payout.
- With round robins, you don’t need to get everything right. Your bets are arranged in such a way that you can get one wrong and still win some money.
Live betting at BetRivers
Live betting is yet another way to wager at BetRivers. Merely select “Live” from the top of the screen, and all the ongoing games you can wager on will appear. Odds will update rapidly throughout games. They will change based on the score, the time remaining, weather conditions (if outdoors) and player injuries and foul trouble.
Thanks to the ability to engage with games and bet in real-time, live betting is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to bet on sports.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Ravens and Washington Commanders at BetRivers MD Sportsbook?
Yes, BetRivers offers a variety of bets for all NFL contests. In addition to all of the bets above, here are some football-specific bets you might come across:
- Last touchdown scorer: Bet on the player you think will score the last touchdown of a game. You also will find similar odds for betting on who will score the first one. Much lower odds are available for picking a player to score at any time in a game.
- Total penalties: Here’s a bet that might make sense if you know a certain officiating crew tends to throw more flags than others. Or maybe you think the Ravens and Steelers or Washington and Dallas have some bad blood between them that might lead to a lot more flags.
- Player total bets: BetRivers has myriad over/under wagers for NFL players, too. These wagers work just like total points bets. BetRivers will list a player to have a set number of receiving yards, for example, and you’ll bet on whether he ends up with over or under that total.
- First to X: Place a bet on which squad will get a certain number of points first.
- Game parlays: BetRivers also offers a handful of combination parlays for NFL games. This would be something like betting on Baltimore to win and the total score to go over the line.
How do I get money on (and off!) BetRivers online sportsbook quickly?
Take a look at this chart and make sure there are cashier options that will work well for you at BetRivers.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|ACH (e-check)||No Minimum||Instant|
|Online Banking||No Minimum||Instant|
|BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card||$10||Instant|
|Credit/Debit Card||No Minimum||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||No Minimum||Up to 3 Days|
|ACH (e-check)||$10||1-2 days|
|Online Banking||No Minimum||1-2 days|
|BetRivers Play+ Prepaid Debit Card||$10||1-2 days|
At this point we are not certain if you can deposit or withdraw funds from your BetRivers online account in-person. If you are able to do so, though, it will likely be at the BetRivers retail location. We recommend contacting BetRivers support before making a specific trip for this purpose:
- BetRivers Sportsbook at Bingo World. 4901 Belle Grove Road, Baltimore, 21255
How do I get help at BetRivers online sportsbook?
If you experience any problems and need help, you’ll want to click on either the support or help center links at the top on the website or just the support button at the bottom of the screen on the app.
Whichever option you choose, you should see links for starting a live chat or for sending a message through the app/website. The chat option is available seven days a week from 7:30 a.m. to midnight.
You also can look through a variety of topics or use the search bar to try to find a solution to your problem. Personally, we find it best to start a live chat and while you’re waiting for a representative, you can search the FAQ page. If you find the answer, you can close the chat, and if not a BetRivers agent should be along to help you shortly.
How do I exclude myself from BetRivers sports betting?
If you want to exclude yourself from BetRivers, you can do so by clicking the link for responsible gambling under your account. On the following page, you’ll need to select “BetRivers Exclusion” from the menu along the left side of the page. You can choose to be banned from BetRivers entirely for a period of one or three years.
If that sounds too restrictive, you can also ban yourself for three to 30 days by selecting “Self Suspension.” Another option would be placing limits on yourself for the time you can spend on the BetRivers app/website each day or for the dollar amount you can spend and/or deposit each day.
You can discover more details about how to be a responsible sports bettor by checking out our Maryland responsible gambling guide.
Can I bet at BetRivers Maryland Sportsbook in person?
Yes, BetRivers has a retail sportsbook located at Bingo World in Baltimore. You’ll find a 3,000-square-foot brick-and-mortar location with theater-style seating, a bar, 21 hi-def video boards, and more. There are self-serve betting kiosks, as well as traditional over-the-counter options.
Bingo World is located at 4901 Belle Grove Road. The BetRivers Sportsbook at BingoWorld is open from 10am-midnight.
How does BetRivers compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
If we ended up ranking all the sportsbooks in the Old Line State, we think BetRivers would fall pretty much right in the middle. That makes sense because while BetRivers doesn’t have any glaring deficiencies, it also doesn’t have any major high points that really stand out.
Its welcome bonus and other promotions are solid if not spectacular, and its app and betting options are pretty much the same. While we do consider competitors such as FanDuel Maryland, BetMGM Maryland, PointsBet Sportsbook, and DraftKings Maryland to be slightly better, we still think it makes sense to have a BetRivers account, as well. That way you can access promotions the other books don’t offer and wager on BetRivers lines if they are better than what its competitors have.
BetRivers Maryland FAQ
Use the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV to get a second chance bet worth up to $500. Scroll up to the BetRivers welcome bonus section for complete terms.
The BetRivers app can be helpful for mobile betting, but you don’t have to have it to bet online. The sportsbook website offers the same sports, betting options and promotions that you’ll find on the app.
Yes. BetRivers received final regulatory approval from the state’s licensing authority, the Sports Wagering Application Review Committee, on November 16, 2022. BetRivers Maryland launched its online sportsbook one week later, November 23.
BetRivers is regulated by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.
The odds boosts at BetRivers are similar to those at BetMGM. Both sportsbooks offer odds boosts daily. However, BetRivers tends to offer more than one. BetMGM, on the other hand, often only offers one single boost per day.
Yes, players have to be within state lines to place wagers. You don’t need to be a resident of Maryland, just physically present in the state.
The processing times for withdrawals at BetRivers vary depending on the payment method you select. Usually, the sportsbook processes the withdrawal within two business days, and then it depends on the withdrawal method for how quickly you’ll receive your funds.