FOX Bet Sportsbook Maryland Review – $50 Bonus
Disclaimer: FOX Bet Sportsbook is not yet live in Maryland. This review is speculative and will be updated once FOX Bet Sportsbook launches in Maryland.
FOX Bet Sportsbook is among the operators that could be launching in Maryland in the coming week and months. To help you kick-start your betting, Fox Bet Sportsbook will provide a bonus first bet for up to $50, no FOX Bet bonus is required.
And that’s just a hint of some of the benefits you can access by joining FOX Bet. For a more detailed analysis of the site’s ins and outs, keep reading our comprehensive review below.
- A bonus first bet, up to $50.
- Tons of betting options and betting markets.
- Easy-to-use app for both Android and Apple.
FOX Bet Maryland bonus details
Like other sportsbooks, FOX Bet Maryland offers a welcome bonus to attract new customers. This takes the form of a bonus initial wager for up to $50. To claim the promotion, follow the Fox Bet link from this page to the sportsbook site and sign up for an account.
|Online Sportsbook||FoxBet Sportsbook Maryland|
|Fox Bet MD Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|Welcome Bonus||Bonus bet up to $50|
|Launch Date||To be determined|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Fox Bet Maryland sign-up bonus — the requirements
The premise of a bonus bet is simple — you place a bet using the money you deposited, and if you lose the bet, you’ll get a refund for up to $50. The refund arrives in your account as bonus bets with a 1x wagering requirement. Here are some additional details:
- To qualify for the refund, your first bet must have odds of -200 or higher.
- You need to make a minimum deposit of $10.
- Your bonus wager must settle within 90 days of account registration.
Can I trust Fox Bet sportsbook in Maryland?
Yes, Fox Bet is as trustworthy and reliable as it gets. The sportsbook is the brainchild of the Fox Sports broadcasting network and the Stars Group, which has since been acquired by Flutter Entertainment. All three brands have a sterling reputation in their own respective sectors. With this in mind, you can bet at Fox Bet in Maryland with peace of mind.
This is not to say that everyone can sign up and place real money bets, however. Only individuals of legal gambling age (21 or older) who are physically present within Maryland can place bets at the online sportsbook in the state.
Getting started at Fox Bet Sportsbook in Maryland
For the most part, the sign-up process at Fox Bet is straightforward. You may have to provide more information than with other sportsbooks, but you can still complete everything within a few minutes, tops. The Fox Bet link on this page will take you directly to the sportsbook’s website. Once there, tap the “Join” button and provide the following information:
- Full name
- Account details (username, password)
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Date of birth
Subsequently, Fox Bet could require you to submit other proof of identity, such as a photo of your passport or driver’s license.
How do I download the Fox Bet app?
If you’re accessing the site from your phone, you’ll be prompted to download Fox Bet’s standalone iOS or Android app before registering. The sportsbook’s mobile page is intuitive and contains all the instructions you need to set everything up. Before you click the download link, make sure your device meets the compatibility requirements.
Where do I find Fox Bet promotions?
They are neatly sorted on the promotions page, which is one of the core menu items on the site. Fox Bet rewards existing customers via a range of bet boosts, parlay bonuses, seasonal promos, in-play deals, and similar perks.
The refer-a-friend promotion at Fox Bet works for casual bettors and seasoned pros alike. With it, you can get $50 bonus if someone registers and makes a deposit using your referral code. Altogether, you can claim up to $50.
Why should I choose the Fox Bet Sportsbook app?
As you consider which of the MD sportsbook sites you might want to sign up with, here are some of our favorite features at Fox Bet:
- Bet boosts: The sportsbook offers bet boosts for various events each day. What’s more, the boosted games are often cherry-picked by Fox’s sports analysts. During the weekend, you can get massively boosted payouts when betting on primetime games.
- Competitive prices: If you’re into odds shopping (which you should be), you’ll notice that Fox Bet has some of the most competitive odds on the market. From the standpoint of a seasoned bettor, this is a major benefit.
- Super 6: This novel free-to-play game is exclusive to Fox Bet and gives you a chance to win big every week without having to make any financial commitments. By predicting the outcome of NBA, NFL, NASCAR, and college competitions, you’ll qualify for guaranteed prizes and weekly jackpots.
What won’t I like about the Fox Bet Sportsbook app?
While Fox Bet has several points to recommend it, it also has some areas it could stand to improve:
- Weak in-play pricing: Fox Bet’s live betting juice is among the highest on the market. Juice, or vig, refers to the cut the sportsbook charges for each bet. The difference between Fox Bet and other books is measured in cents, but, over time, the numbers can pile up and make a difference — especially for high rollers.
- Lack of live stream coverage: Given its connections with a leading broadcasting network, it would be fair to expect solid live streaming coverage at Fox Bet. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. Live streams of high-profile games could give the sportsbook the edge it needs over other competitors.
What kind of bets can I make with Fox Bet in Maryland?
The betting portfolio at Fox Bet is mostly standard fare and includes the usual options, namely moneylines, totals, point spreads, futures, props, and parlays. What’s more, you can find a nice collection of distinct markets via the “custom bet” section.
If you’re a rookie bettor, the first time you glance at the odds chart can be somewhat overwhelming. The board has a lot of numbers and signs, and it’s sometimes tricky to interpret what they all mean. This section will teach you the basics.
Here’s what an NFL listing will look like at Fox Bet. We’ll use a fictitious matchup between the Baltimore Ravens and New York Jets as an example.
|New York Jets||+4.5 (-110)||+170||Over 50.5 (-110)|
|Baltimore Ravens||-4.5 (-110)||-203||Under 50.5 (-110)|
The team with the negative numbers on the spread and moneyline is the favorite, while the underdog will generally have a positive number in both places.
The negative value on the moneyline shows how much money you would have to bet for a chance to win $100. In our example, the Ravens are the favorites and consequently, you’d have to bet $203 on them to win $100.
For underdogs, the positive number signifies the amount of money you’d win from a successful $100 wager on that team. In our scenario, the Jets are underdogs at +170, which means a $100 bet on them would bring in $170 in profit if correct.
Now that we’ve covered the basic bet listings, let’s go over the various wagers you’ll find at Fox Bet:
- Moneyline bets — Moneyline betting simply means placing a wager on a specific side to win the game. The sportsbook will adjust the odds based on the perceived strength of each team. The bigger the gap, the more unevenly matched the game is, at least according to the sportsbook.
- Point spread — The sportsbook sets a sports betting spread to even out two sides from a wagering perspective. In the example above, since the Ravens are at -4.5, they would have to win the game by five points or more to cover the spread. Meanwhile the Jets, at +4.5, would have to lose by fewer than five point or win the game outright to cover.
- Totals — With totals, or over/under wagers, you’re betting on whether a number related to the game will go over or under a predetermined line. This number most often is the total combined score by both teams. Going back to our example, the sportsbook has set a 50.5 total for the Ravens-Jets game. If you bet on “over,” you’d need the total score to be 51 or more. Anything below this would have been a winner for “under” bettors.
- Futures — A futures bet is a high-risk, high-reward wager on a championship, season outcome or award that you can wager on well in advance. Popular variations of futures bets include betting on conference, league and division winners in the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB. You can also bet futures on individual player awards, like MVP or rookie of the year.
- Props — Props, or proposition bets, are side wagers on whether something specific will or won’t happen during a game. This can include proposition betting on whether a player will reach a certain benchmark (points, TDs, innings) or more open-ended options like which player will score the first touchdown in an NFL game.
- Parlays — Combine multiple wagers into a parlay for a bigger potential payout. The more wagers, aka legs, a parlay has, the bigger the payoff. If just one parlay bet leg is incorrect, however, you win nothing.
Can I bet on the Baltimore Orioles with Fox Bet Sportsbook?
Yes, you can bet on the Baltimore Orioles along with the other 29 teams from Major League Baseball. All of the wagers from the previous segment will be available for Orioles’ games, although some of them will have different names. Fox Bet also offers a few wagers that are distinct to MLB betting:
- First five innings — This bet is exclusive to MLB, although it’s essentially the same as the first-half wager in basketball. This bet lets you care a lot less about the bullpens and focus on each team’s starting pitcher.
- Grand Salami bets — Grand Salami wagers are only available on MLB and NHL games and refer to the cumulative total score for all the games on a particular night.
- Series bets — Instead of trying to predict the winner of a particular game, you can pick a team to win a series. For instance, if you think the Orioles will beat their opponents but are not predicting a sweep, you can take the safer route and pick them to win the series. As long as the Orioles win two out of three, for example, you’ll win your bet.
- MLB props — MLB props cover a range of bets on various player and team milestones in a given game. Popular options include over/under props for how many strikeouts a pitcher will have or how many hits a batter will have.
As far as other Maryland-based pro and college teams are concerned, Fox Bet has dozens of wagers available for their games. For NFL wagering, for instance, you can bet on all Ravens games in the regular season and the playoffs.
How do I get money on (and off) Fox Bet Sportsbook quickly?
Fox Bet comes up strong in the cashier department, so you should be able to facilitate transactions pretty easily. To top up your account, you can use the following payment methods:
- Credit/debit card
- Bank transfer
- E-wallet (PayPal, Skrill)
- Vanilla Direct
You’ll have fewer options to cash out, but you can still make withdrawals in the following ways:
- Bank transfer
The processing time will vary depending on the method. If you want to get your money as fast as possible, e-wallets have a processing time of up to 72 hours, but often much less.
How do I get help at Fox Bet online sports betting?
Fox Bet employs an efficient customer support staff that provides round-the-clock assistance via live chat and email ([email protected]). When reaching out via live chat, we recommend being logged in to your account. And as a first option, consider checking the site’s FAQ page, which covers a broad range of topics.
How do I exclude myself from Fox Bet?
Most sportsbooks in the US urge their customers to gamble responsibly, and Fox Bet is no different. Through its responsible gambling page, the site provides effective tools and educational guides to help those who struggle with excessive or compulsive gambling. You can set player limits to keep your spending habits in check, and if that doesn’t work, you can self-exclude from using the sportsbook for a set period.
Can I bet at Fox Bet Sportsbook in person?
At some point, you’ll most likely be able to place wagers at a Fox Bet retail sportsbook in Maryland. As soon as Fox Bet announces a partnership deal or something else along those lines, we’ll update this page.
How does Fox Bet compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
Fox Bet ranks high among sportsbooks projected to launch in Maryland. The site’s biggest selling points are its versatile betting program and competitive prices across pregame markets. There’s also something to be said about its exquisite promo lineup, which provides incentives for active bettors on a consistent basis. The only real shortcoming is live betting lines.
All things considered, we believe that Fox Bet is one of the better sportsbook choices in Maryland along with FanDuel Maryland, DraftKings Sportsbook Maryland, or the Caesars Sportsbook app in Maryland.
FOX Bet Sportsbook Maryland FAQs
There isn’t one. When you sign up with FOX Bet Sportsbook using our links you’ll receive the top welcome bonus of a bonus bet worth up to $50. Scroll up for full information regarding this welcome offer.
Yes, check out the FOX Bet promotions page to see what new and exciting specials are being offered this week.
No, being a Maryland resident is not a requirement. However, you must be in the state to make bets. Your location is checked whenever you sign into the FOX Bet website or FOX Bet app.