Maryland Terps Basketball Odds
Online sports betting is coming to Maryland. This page will be updated with the latest promos and sportsbooks as soon as MD sports betting is live.
With legal NCAA basketball betting available in Maryland, the Terrapins will undoubtedly draw a ton of action at every sportsbook. In fact, Terps basketball odds will be one of the hottest betting markets available at Maryland online sportsbooks.
Here’s where you can find all the information you need to start betting on Maryland basketball, including the latest Maryland basketball game lines and the Terps’ March Madness odds.
Today’s Terrapins odds: spreads, Championship, props
See below for the latest point spread for the next Maryland Terrapins games as posted by the top online sportsbooks. Also find the latest Maryland Terrapins futures odds, including the odds on the Terps winning the Big Ten or the National Championship. Click on any odds to get started.
Tonight’s Terrapins spread
Maryland Championship odds
How to bet on Terrapins basketball games in Maryland
If you want to bet on college basketball games online in Maryland, follow these three steps:
- Sign up for an account with a Maryland online sportsbook. Jump over to the sportsbook’s website through our exclusive link. Download and install its mobile app, and sign up there, or do it right on the web page. Some personal information will be required, including the final four digits of your Social Security number. Plus, you may also be asked to enter a sportsbook’s promo or bonus code, which we’d love to offer you on this very page.
- Deposit funds using any one of that sportsbook’s available deposit methods. These will likely include debit and credit cards, online banking and payment processing services, and cash at Maryland casinos and retail outlets.
- Browse through the Terps betting markets until you see a line you like. Click on it to instantly create a bet slip. Enter an amount to bet and click to place the bet, or add more single bets, put together multiple bets into a parlay wager, enter an amount for each bet and click to place all bets on the slip.
Terrapins betting lines explained
A typical Maryland basketball game line at an online sportsbook will look like this:
|Michigan State||+2.5 (-110)||+122||Over 146.5 (-110)|
|Maryland||-2.5 (-110)||-144||Under 146.5 (-110)|
Terrapins basketball spread odds
The first figure is the spread with the odds in brackets. Here, The Terps must win by three points or more to cover. But the Spartans can win or lose by two or fewer to cover. According to the currently posted point spread odds, both sides pay $100, plus your bet back, for every $110 you bet.
Terrapins basketball moneyline odds
Second is the moneyline. Here’s the lines for betting on the teams to win the game outright. Bet on underdogs Michigan State at the current moneyline odds and if they win, you win $122, plus your bet back, for every $100 bet. Bet on the favored Terps at the current moneyline odds and if they win, you win $100, plus your bet back, for every $144 bet.
Terrapins basketball totals odds
Finally, there’s the totals line with the odds in brackets. Here, you’re betting that the total combined score for both teams will be over or under 146.5. According to the currently posted odds, if you’re right, you’ll win $100, plus your bet back, for every $110 you bet.
Terrapins basketball live betting & prop betting
Go beyond the typical spread betting, moneyline and totals with live betting and props. Props allow you to bet on player and team stat lines. And live betting odds markets are mostly standard lines available during Maryland basketball games at odds that change with the action on the court. Plus, half the prop markets may also be available live.
Of course, live Terrapins basketball odds change at the speed of the game, which means fast, so making use of a Maryland sports betting app your best option. It’s hard to get your bets down fast enough otherwise.
How can I watch Terrapins basketball in Maryland?
- BTN+: Big Ten Network Online Streaming
- B1G Network: Big Ten Network
- Maryland Sports Radio Network: Radio
- NBC Sports Washington
- ESPN: Nationally Televised
- ESPN2: Nationally Televised
- FS1: FOX Sports 1
- CBS: Big Ten and NCAA Tournament
- TNT: NCAA Tournament
Terrapins in the NBA
Maryland Terrapins currently playing in the NBA include:
- Jalen Smith, C, Phoenix Suns, Drafted in 2020
- Bruno Fernando, C, Atlanta Hawks, Drafted in 2019
- Kevin Huerter, SF, Atlanta Hawks, Drafted in 2018
- Jake Layman, SF, Minnesota Timberwolves, Drafted in 2016
- Alex Len, C, Washington Wizards, Drafted in 2013
Terrapins basketball coaches
Here’s a look at the Maryland Terrapins Coaching Staff:
- Head Coach: Mark Turgeon
- Assistant Coach: Matt Brady
- Assistant Coach: Danny Manning
- Assistant Coach: Bruce Shingler
- Director of Men’s Basketball Operations: Greg Manning Jr.
Where is the Terrapins’ arena?
The Maryland Terrapins men’s basketball team plays home games at:
- Name: Xfinity Center
- Address: Paint Branch & Regents Dr
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Owner and operator: Maryland Stadium Authority
- Capacity: 17,950
- Groundbreaking: July 1, 2000
- Opening date: Oct. 11, 2002
- Other tenants: Maryland Terrapins women’s basketball, volleyball, and wrestling
Top sportsbooks and bars near campus
Terrapins fans swear these two local bars are the best for watching basketball:
- College Park Shopping Center
- 4410 Knox Rd
- College Park, MD
American restaurant & bar where the Terps themselves have been known to come celebrate a victory.
- The Varsity
- 8150 Baltimore Ave
- College Park, MD
Terps fan central with plenty of TVs, a huge pub-grub menu and live music post-game.
Maryland basketball all-time leaders
Here’s a look at Maryland’s career leaders in a few key statistical categories:
- Points: Juan Dixon – 2,269 (1998-2002)
- Rebounds: Len Elmore – 1,053 (1971-74)
- Assists: Steve Blake – 972 (1999-2003)
- Single Game Points: Ernest Graham – 44 vs. NC State (1978–79 season)
Maryland Basketball FAQ
The Terps made the Final Four in 2001 and 2002, leading to the school’s only National Championship win in 2002. The team won five ACC titles and three ACC Tournament titles before leaving the ACC for the Big Ten in 2014. Since then, Maryland has won the Big Ten just once, in 2020.
Maryland honors 18 Terrapins greats by hanging their jerseys from the rafters at Xfinity Center, including:
- Bosey Berger
- Gene Shue
- Tom McMillen
- Len Elmore
- John Lucas
- Albert King
- Buck Williams
- Ernie Graham
- Len Bias
- Walt Williams
- Joe Smith
- Johnny Rhodes
- Keith Booth
- Steve Francis
- Juan Dixon
- Lonny Baxter
- Steve Blake
- Greivis Vasquez
Testudo, a Diamondback Terrapin, is the official mascot of the University of Maryland.
The Diamondback Terrapin is the Maryland State Reptile. Terrapins are freshwater turtles.