D.C. United Odds
D.C. United is one of the most decorated teams in Major League Soccer with four MLS Cup titles. A new way for United supporters to take in MLS action from Audi Field this year is with some cash on the line as legal sports betting in Maryland has arrived.
You can put a few bucks down on the Black and Red to amp up the thrill factor as the showdown unfolds. Our all-in-one guide will introduce you to the best Maryland sportsbooks to bet on D.C. United, plus provide live game odds and futures odds for all of MLS.
Today’s D.C. United odds: moneyline, MLS Cup, props
The odd feeds below will have up-to-date numbers from Maryland sports betting sites for D.C United’s moneyline, and MLS Cup odds. If you’re interested in futures wagers or how to make prop bets, check the odds feed below as well
This week’s D.C United moneyline
D.C. United MLS Cup odds
Ola Kamara props
D.C. United player props and futures
While browsing your D.C. United betting options, you’ll find a nice range of prop bets. These exotic bets focus on a specific in-game statistical accomplishment by a player or a team that doesn’t necessarily affect the match outcome.
Prop betting options to be found at online betting sites such as DraftKings Maryland and FanDuel Sportsbook Maryland will likely include:
- Player to score first in a D.C. United match — Find soccer odds for the top scorers from each team.
- Will Ola Kamara score a hat-trick? — Two options only, yes or no.
- Time of the first goal — Choose from periods of 15 minutes, not the exact minute. It’s irrelevant which side scores first.
- Over/under total cards — Bet on whether the total number of red and yellow cards for a match will be over or under a specified line.
Futures and props can provide hefty payouts, but they are hard to predict due to all the variables involved. Since futures bets are decided by longer-term results and stretched throughout the entire season or playoffs, don’t count on your capital paying out any time soon, either.
Here are a few futures betting options worth exploring:
- Bet on DC United to reach the playoffs
- Bet on individual awards, such as the Golden Boot
- Bet on the winners of Eastern and Western Conferences
- Make outright bets on a team to win the MLS Cup
Odds for MLS futures usually come out in February, before the season begins. Then, as the season gets underway, the sports betting lines will fluctuate based on the ever-changing circumstances. These include injury reports, transfers, and team performances.
D.C. United stats leaders
Player props revolve around an individual’s statistical performances during a particular MLS game or for the entirety of the season. For example, you can find betting lines on assists, goals, total passes, and more. Some player props will take pure luck to win while others will test your skill as a bettor and require in-depth knowledge of the sport, team, and players involved.
Studying a player’s past records is often vital for props bets. Of course, that’s just one piece of data among many that could affect a prop bet’s result. Take a look at D.C. United’s top performers from the latest season here.
D.C. United schedule
D.C. United competes in a 34-match regular season campaign. Each team in the league, including D.C. United, plays 17 games at home and 17 away. All 27 MLS clubs face each team from their conference twice: once at home and once away each; then, they play 10 games against the opposing conference.
After the regular season wraps up, the top seven seeds from each conference will qualify for the MLS Playoffs, which involve a series of single-elimination games to determine the MLS Cup winner.
The Supporters’ Shield trophy goes to the teams with the best regular-season record in their respective conferences. Check www.mlssoccer.com for this season’s exact schedule.
D.C. United all-time greats
D.C. United has a storied history in the MLS. It’s been home to many greats who left an indelible mark on the league.
Let’s take a look back at some of the best players to put on a DCU jersey.
- Jaime Moreno: With 131 goals, Jaime Moreno is DCU’s all-time leading scorer. His achievements were so impressive that he secured his spot in the National Soccer Hall of Fame in 2021. The MLS legend won eight titles and played a total of 329 games with the club.
- Marco Etcheverry: Widely regarded as one of the greatest Bolivian players of all time, Etcheverry was a virtuoso on the field. He was a crafty dribbler who won numerous accolades throughout his rewarding career. Etcheverry played 191 games, scored 34 goals, and dished out 101 assists.
- Eddie Pope: Eddie Pope was one of the fiercest defenders American soccer has ever seen. He helped United win six championships and won the title of MLS Defender of the Year in 1997.
- John Harkes: Harkes doesn’t have the resumé of the above heavyweights, but he was just as prolific of a player. He played for D.C. United for three seasons and scored 14 goals from the midfielder position.
- Christian Gómez: Back in his heyday, Gómez was a true master with the ball. His clutch performances brought him the MVP trophy in 2006. He was also elected among the MLS Best XI three times.
D.C. United recent transfers
D.C. United has some new faces on the team, with the help of the SuperDraft and transfers. The returning roster boasts some promising talent deep into the squad. Here are the most notable additions of late:
|Nigel Robertha||23||Center-Forward||Levski Sofia|
|Adrien Perez||25||Center-Forward||Los Angeles FC|
|Paul Arriola||26||Right Midfielder||Swansea|
After playing for little more than a year, Wayne Rooney parted ways with D.C. United in 2019. One of the best scorers in Premier League history failed to deliver the MLS Cup to Audi Field in his brief stint with DCU. In any case, Rooney did manage to score 23 goals and register 14 assists.
D.C. United managers
Going into the 2021 season, D.C. United hired Hernán Losada as the new head coach. The deal made Losada the youngest coach in MLS. The 38-year old Argentinean replaced Ben Olsen, who had been at the club for more than 10 years. Let’s take a look at some of Losada’s predecessors over the years:
- Ben Olsen: 2010-2021
- Tom Soehn: 2006-2009
- Piotr Nowak: 2004-2006 (won a title)
- Ray Hudson: 2002-2003
- Thomas Rongen: 1998-2001 (won a title)
- Bruce Arena: 1996-1998 (won back-to-back titles)
D.C. United home games
The Black and Red play their home games at the newly constructed Audi Field in Buzzard Point, Washington, D.C. In 2018, the team moved across town from Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, which hosted DCU games since its inauguration in 1997 through the 2017 season.
Here’s the scoop when it comes to the current venue:
- Address: 100 Potomac Avenue SW
- Opened: July 2018
- Capacity: 20,000
- Field size: 115 yd x 75 yd
- Owner: District of Columbia
- Phone: +1 202-587-5000
- Clubs: C. United in the MLS and Washington Spirit in the NWSL
- Construction cost: $400-500 million
- Ticket price: Around $50; Season tickets from $540 to $4,500 for 2021
How to watch D.C. United games
D.C. United enjoys extensive media coverage. Its games are broadcast across several outlets. Through its TV deal with NBC Sports Washington, you can watch live action via NBC live stream page or the NBC sports app. Also, you can tune in to one of MLS’ official partners, ESPN, FOX Sports, or Univision.
The easiest way to watch DCU games is by subscribing to a cable package that includes WJLA 24/7. Alternatively, you can access live streams by subscribing to ESPN.
A few Maryland online sportsbooks also provide streaming services for MLS games. This could also be a viable option.
Big soccer D.C. United
Whether you’re a diehard fan or a casual bettor, you can gain loads of valuable information on Big Soccer. For those unaware, Big Soccer is the largest soccer community in the United States, boasting more than 150,000 registered users.
You can stay current with trending topics on this forum and maybe meet someone who shares the same betting interests. In addition, you’ll find panels dedicated to pretty much every soccer competition under the sun, thus helping to better inform you decisions for betting on the Premier League and MLS.
It takes a few minutes to set everything up. After that, the registration is free and available for everyone, regardless of their whereabouts.
Brief D.C. United history
Since its inaugural match with the San Jose Clash in 1996, D.C. United has been one of the most successful MLS teams. In the past 20 years, the club has won 13 trophies, the most in American professional soccer.
Here’s a recap of the most notable D.C. United successes throughout the years:
|1996||MLS Cup Champions||L.A. Galaxy||3:2|
|1996||Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup||Rochester Rhinos||3:0|
|1997||MLS Supporters' Shield||Accrued 55 Points|
|1997||MLS Cup Champions||Colorado Rapids||2:1|
|1998||CONCACAF Champions Cup||CD Toluca||1:0|
|1998||Interamerican Cup||Vasco de Gama||2-1 on aggregate|
|1999||MLS Supporters' Shield||Accrued 57 Points|
|1999||MLS Cup Champions||L.A. Galaxy||2:0|
|2004||MLS Cup Champions||Kansas City Wizards||3:2|
|2006||MLS Supporters' Shield||Accrued 55 Points|
|2007||MLS Supporters' Shield||Accrued 55 Points|
|2008||Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup||Charleston Battery||2:1|
|2013||Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup||Real Salt Lake||1:0|
D.C. United FAQ
The club is owned by D.C. United Holdings. The majority owner is Jason Levien, who also acts as the co-chairman and CEO.
D.C. United has won four titles—1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004. That’s second all time only to L.A. Galaxy.
According to the latest market value analysis, D.C. United is valued at $710 million, among the highest totals for an MLS franchise.
D.C. United has introduced 11 members to the Hall of Tradition, which honors the franchise’s most successful players, coaches and club management personnel. Inductees include (in no particular order):
- John Harkes (Midfielder)
- Jeff Agoos (Defender)
- Kevin Payne (President/CEO)
- Betty D’Anjolell (Executive)
- Jaime Moreno (Forward)
- Marco Etcheverry (Midfielder)
- Ben Olsen (Midfielder)
- Raul Diaz Arce (Forward)
- Richie Williams (Midfielder)
- Danilo Noel Diron (Broadcaster)
- Eddie Pope (Defender)
The club has more than 165,000 followers on Twitter under @dcunited. It also boasts more than 153,000 followers on Instagram under the same handle.
You can buy DCU jerseys at one of the retail shops at the stadium or via the club’s official website. What’s more, you can also purchase hats, apparel and all kinds of other gear at the official online store of Major League Soccer.