Soccer Betting Sites
Tens of thousands of soccer bets are made on MLS, the EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, and more every week. Soccer betting isn’t entirely uncharted territory for US bettors. However, there are still plenty of fans who don’t know how to read soccer odds and find the best soccer betting sites.
Here you’ll find what soccer odds you can expect at your local sportsbook, how to read betting lines, how to bet on live soccer, and where to find soccer odds in your sportsbook app.
Top soccer betting sites in Maryland
Premier League, MLS odds at Maryland online sportsbooks
MLS is a top-tier soccer league in the US and MLS betting is popular in cities with MLS franchises. The English Premier League is the most active for US bettors overall. For live MLS odds and Premier League odds at Maryland online sportsbooks, check our feed below.
EPL Cup Winner odds
MLS Cup Winner odds
Why bet on soccer over other sports?
All legal US sportsbooks are very versatile when it comes to the selection of sports you can bet on. They feature everything from football and basketball to less popular sports like table tennis and cross country skiing.
Even though soccer is not the most-viewed sport in the United States, it’s pretty high up the list when it comes to betting. There are good reasons for that, such as:
- The massive number of competitions: Soccer might not be that popular in the US, but it’s the number one sport in pretty much every other region of the world. Most countries have professional soccer leagues, and you can find a good chunk of them on your favorite sports betting site. In terms of the number of available events for betting, few sports can match soccer.
- Year-round action: No matter what part of the year it is, you will find at least several dozen soccer games to bet on. Unlike American football that has a long offseason, soccer betting is available all year long. During spring and summer, you can bet on the MLS and several northern European leagues, along with occasional continental competitions. In the fall and winter, you’ll be betting on the Champions League, EPL, Serie A, and La Liga.
- Plenty of interesting prop bets: Soccer games are full of exciting proposition bets. You can wager on dozens of different props in every game, like penalties, corners, cards, goalscorers, and more.
How do EPL odds in Maryland compare to UK sportsbooks?
As you probably know, odds for a single soccer match can differ on different betting sites. Every sportsbook employs its own oddsmakers that factor in everything that might affect the game’s outcome before issuing the odds.
There might be slight discrepancies between different sportsbooks, but the odds are fairly similar regardless of where you decide to bet. Several UK betting companies have even appeared on the US market, like William Hill Sportsbook and Unibet Sportsbook, so you can expect them to offer the same odds to the US and UK public.
Bet on Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, other soccer leagues
EPL and MLS might be the two most popular soccer leagues in the US, but they are not the only ones you’ll see on betting sites in Maryland.
If a sportsbook offers soccer betting on EPL and MLS, it will likely have soccer lines for other top-tier leagues like Serie A (Italy), La Liga (Spain), and Bundesliga (Germany). These leagues have pretty much the same format as the EPL. They begin in late summer and end in spring with 18 to 20 teams that all play each other twice during the campaign.
Unlike the MLS, European leagues usually don’t have playoffs, and the champion is decided based on the points total after all the games are played.
Other notable international leagues that you’ll be able to wager on include Ligue 1 (France), Primeira Liga (Portugal), Eredivisie (Netherlands), Russian Premier League, Superleague Greece, Brazil Serie A, Argentine Primera Division, and Liga MX (Mexico). Of course, these are just the top-tier leagues for all these countries but expect your sportsbook to offer betting on second- or even third-tier leagues as well.
Bet on the World Cup and Euros
The FIFA World Cup is the pinnacle of the soccer experience. The best national teams from all continents compete in a 32-squad tournament for the elusive world championship trophy. The World Cup is held once every four years, and the next one is due to take place in Qatar in 2022.
The US men’s national soccer team will have a chance to qualify through the CONCACAF qualification group, where they will face the best teams from North and Central America.
Of course, betting on the World Cup will be available in every US sportsbook. Even before the competition begins, some sportsbooks will release futures betting odds for the outright winner.
While we are here, we should also mention some more soccer competitions that involve national teams. The second most popular is the Euro, followed by other continental championships like Copa America, Africa Cup of Nations, Asian Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup, and Oceania Nations Cup. All of these tournaments are commonly seen on US betting sites as well.
How to read soccer betting odds
If you’ve never bet on soccer odds, you might be surprised at the sheer number of sports betting odds and markets that the sportsbooks offer. Bettors can place wagers on almost anything that could happen in a soccer game. The markets range from guessing the game’s outcome to predicting whether a specific player will receive a yellow card.
- Moneyline: The most straightforward soccer bet, moneyline betting involves predicting the outcome of a game (home team win, away team win, or draw)
- Double chance: Predicting two out of the three possible outcomes (1X, 12, or X2)
- Over/under: Guessing whether a total number of scored goals in a game will exceed or fall short of a given line offered by the sportsbook
- Correct score: Guessing the exact score of a soccer game
- Spread: Predicting the outcome while considering the number of handicap goals that the sportsbook gave to one team
- First half: Betting on the outcome of the first half only, including moneyline, score, goals, etc.
- Half time / full time: Guessing the outcome of the first half and the entire game (X-1, 1-1, 2-X, X-X, etc.)
- GG: Betting on both teams to score at least one goal in the game (goal-goal). Alternatively, you can bet on NG (no goal) for either team during the entire game.
- Props: Placing a wager on various game elements, like the number of corners, teams to score first, player to score, player, to be booked, goal method (free kick, penalty, out of the box, header, own goal), and more
- Futures: Predicting the outcome of an entire competition, like the team to win a league/tournament, player to win the award, etc.
Basics of live soccer betting
Some would argue that the most exciting way to bet on soccer is to do it while the game is taking place. Live soccer betting allows you to explore all pregame markets with live soccer odds that change relative to what’s going on on the pitch. If Crystal Palace takes an early lead against Liverpool, but you still favor the Reds to win the game, you can bet on them live.
Live betting also opens some other more exotic markets, like guessing whether a goal will be scored in the next ten minutes, for example.
Finding soccer odds at online sportsbooks
You won’t need to dig deep to find soccer markets on your favorite Maryland sports betting website. Simply enter the sportsbook site, sign up, complete a deposit, and start browsing. Find the list of sports on the homepage and click on soccer.
From there, you will see all the games currently in play and a list of upcoming events that will be categorized according to leagues and competitions. Select the fixture that you’re interested in, and add the desired bet to your betting slip. Once you are satisfied with your selections, proceed to checkout.
Essential soccer betting tips
If you’re a soccer betting rookie, here are a few suggestions on how to increase your chances of landing a winning bet:
- Stay away from unfamiliar leagues: The more you know about specific teams and players, the better your chances are of predicting how they’ll play. The sheer number of available soccer betting fixtures can seem attractive, but don’t bet on Finland’s second division if you don’t know anything about it.
- Keep your heart out of it: The most important thing when betting on sports is to stay objective. You might feel strongly about a particular team and would like to bet on them, but make sure that your fandom does not muddy your assessment.
- Go easy with parlays: Combining multiple bets on a single slip can create attractive odds and massive payout potential. Still, the bigger your parlay, the less chance you’ll have of actually getting all the bets right. Parlay wagers can be pretty lucrative, but only if you know how to balance them.