Unibet Maryland Bonus Code and Sportsbook Review
Disclaimer: Unibet Sportsbook is not live in Maryland. This review is speculative based on the Unibet app in other states and will be updated when Unibet Sportsbook launches in Maryland.
Best Maryland online sportsbook welcome bonuses in June
Unibet Sportsbook could be launching in the coming months in Maryland. And when you sign up with Unibet Maryland, you’ll have the chance to claim up to $100 in bonus bets just by entering the Unibet bonus code BETBONUS.
This page contains all the info to help you decide whether Unibet is the right pick for you in Maryland. We’ll cover bonus offerings, cashier, market selection, and other significant segments.
Unibet Maryland bonus code 2023
To claim the welcome bonus, enter the best Unibet bonus code BETBONUS when registering with Unibet Sportsbook in Maryland. This will unlock the following introductory perks.
|Unibet Maryland Bonus Code||BETBONUS|
|Welcome Bonus||Get up to $100 in bonus bets after first bet|
|Terms and Conditions||• Opening bet is matched with four bonus bets.
• Example 1: Place a $50 opening bet, get four $50 bonus bets.
• Example 2: Place a $10 opening bet, get four $10 bonus bets
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Unibet welcome bonus — the fine print
Here are the key takeaways from the terms and conditions for Unibet’s welcome bonus:
- To receive your bonus bets just must use our Unibet Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS.
- Then, your overall welcome bonus is determined by the size of your opening wager. That wager must have odd of +100 or longer. You then receive four bonus bets equal in size to your first bet, max of $50 each.
- So, bet $20 to start and you’ll get four $20 bets. To claim the full $100 bonus your first bet must be for at least $50.
- Two of the bonus bets can be used on traditional parlays. The other two must be used on same-game parlays. Each type of parlay must have minimum odds of +300.
Can I trust Unibet Sportsbook in Maryland?
Yes, Unibet is the real deal. The sportsbook’s parent company, the Kindred Group, is one of the biggest brands within the European sports betting industry. What’s more, Unibet is already legally operating in several states — Virginia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
The approval of HB 940 has made statewide online and mobile sports betting legal in Maryland, in addition to retail sports betting at professional sports stadiums and casinos. In total, the state could issue up to 60 licenses to provide online sports betting.
Getting started at Unibet Maryland Sportsbook
Clicking on the bonus codes on this page will get you to the sportsbook’s homepage. From there, you merely need to click the button to join and input all the necessary information:
- Phone number
- Bonus code
- Follow-up security questions
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Unibet Maryland bonus code BETBONUS
In some cases, Unibet may ask you to go through additional ID checks. You’ll need to provide one or more of the following:
- A digital copy of your ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Proof of address (recent utility bill)
- Copies of the front and back of your credit/debit card
How do I download the Unibet app?
To download Unibet’s sports betting app, visit the sportsbook via your mobile browser, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and find the “Mobile apps” section. The download links for the iOS and Android apps will be on this page, along with instructions on how to configure the apps on your device.
Where do I find Unibet promotions?
Unibet has placed the promos tab in plain sight — in one of the header menus. You can learn about the specifics of a given offer by clicking the “more info” button.
The promotional lineup typically includes weekly boosts where the sportsbook offers a better price for specific markets than you’ll find elsewhere. With the parlay booster, you can get up to a 50% cash boost on your parlay. Unibet occasionally rolls out insurance promos, offering you money back if your team lets you down.
Why should I choose the Unibet Sportsbook app in Maryland?
Here are three of Unibet’s main strong points to consider:
- Early cash-outs: Unibet is among the sportsbooks that allow bettors to cash out early. You can use this feature to protect against a late-game comeback or if things seem to not be going your way.
- Variety of incentives: With its welcome bonus and additional promotions, Unibet offers a good amount of value. Its parlay boosts are on the higher end of the industry.
- Versatile betting package: Unibet offers a range of wagers on pretty much any sport you can think of. The sportsbook is more extensive in its offerings on niche sports, so it’s a site to check if you’re into non-major options.
What won’t I like about the Unibet Sportsbook app?
It’s not all roses and sunshine at Unibet. The sportsbook also has a few areas where it could stand to do better:
- Occasional performance issues: Unibet isn’t as responsive and sleek as some other sites, and there is room for improvement in the functionality department. You may come across sporadic glitches and bugs, which can be particularly frustrating when you’re in the middle of a live betting session.
- High hold on moneylines: Hold is the equivalent of the sportsbook’s juice (or vig), but it’s a metric more suitable for moneylines. Compared to most other books, which take in a 4% to 4.5% cut for moneyline bets, Unibet is notorious for having the highest moneyline juice (often around 5%). The difference may seem insignificant to a recreational bettor, but for someone who wagers big and often, the numbers can add up.
What kind of bets can I place at Unibet Maryland?
Whether it’s for high-profile sports or niche events, Unibet Sportsbook offers an astonishing array of markets. The portfolio bulks up during top-tier contests when the sportsbook rolls out a bunch of side bets to complement the standard package of moneylines, spreads, and totals.
Regardless of the sport, Unibet lists the visiting team over the home squad. The main betting menu features moneyline, spread and total bets. You can explore additional markets by tapping the “more wagers” button. Here’s how a typical odds listing looks at Unibet:
|Run Line||Moneyline||Total Points|
|Baltimore Orioles||+1.5 (-145)||+155||Over 8.5 (-110)|
|Minnesota Twins||-1.5 (+130)||-165||Under 8.5 (-110)|
A good way to start betting if you’re a novice player is with moneyline betting. All you have to do is pick the winning side, and you don’t have to account for additional factors like the total number of points, winning margins, or best scorers. Basically, as long as the team you placed a wager on wins, you get paid.
Looking at the odds listing, the negative number indicates the favorite, and the positive number indicates the underdog. The numbers also show how much you can expect to win from a successful wager on either side.
Using the Orioles-Twins game, Unibet has the underdog Orioles at +155 and the Twins at -165. This means that you would win $155 if you bet $100 on the Orioles and were correct. The book has the Twins as favorites, and you would have to bet $165 on them to potentially win $100. The risk-to-payout ratio will be the same if you want to wager a smaller or larger amount.
How spread bets work
You’ll see spread bets most frequently in the NFL and NBA. It has different names in other sports: the run line for baseball and the puck line for hockey. Since those two sports tend to have lower scores, the wagers will generally have a standard spread of 1.5, and the odds on each side will vary more. In basketball and football, it’s the spread numbers that will vary more, and the odds on each side will be right around -110.
So, what’s the point of a spread? In essence, the point spread aims to even out the game. The books level the playing field by taking away a specific number of points from the favorite and giving the same number to the underdog.
In order for a spread bet to win, the side you wager on must cover the spread, which means the favorite must win with the handicap taken into account, and the underdog will receive additional points.
In our example, the Twins are at -1.5 on the run line, which means that they have to win by more than two runs. The Orioles are +1.5 underdogs, so they need to avoid losing by two runs or more. Put differently, they can either lose by one run or win the game straight up.
Understanding totals bets
When wagering on a total, you’re betting whether the combined score for both teams will go over or under a line that the sportsbook sets. For this example, you would bet over if you think that there will be nine or more runs in the game. If you predict a low-scoring game, then you would go with the under wager, in which case you need the game to have eight runs or fewer.
Props and futures
The available bets at Unibet Sports go much deeper than moneylines, spreads and totals. There is an entire bevy of exotic bets that can add some additional entertainment to your sports betting experience.
With props, or proposition bets, you’re betting on whether something happens in a game. Pretty much anything can be posted as a prop, from the opening coin toss to the statistical performance of players and teams. Here are some examples of popular prop bets:
- How many TDs will an NFL player score?
- Which team will score the first run in an MLB game?
- Player props on major statistical categories (points, runs, assists, strikeouts).
Futures wagers can be trickier to get right for the simple fact that they are contingent on an entire series, championship, or season — longer-term events than simply the next game. In addition, you will often have multiple choices to bet on, rather than just picking between two sides. For the major sports, you may come across the following futures odds at Unibet:
- Odds for World Series winner in baseball, as well as winners of American League and National League.
- Odds for Stanley Cup winner and Conn Smythe Trophy winner in the NHL; winners of the four divisions.
- Odds for Super Bowl winner, and MVP, AFC and NFC championship winners of the NFL.
- Odds for NBA Finals MVP, finals winner; winners of the Eastern and Western Conferences.
Parlays and live betting
Live betting, aka in-game betting, allows you to place wagers on a game that’s already started. Timing plays a crucial role in live betting because the numbers and betting lines change rapidly. This means that you have to react quickly if you don’t want to miss out on good odds.
You can access the live betting platform at Unibet via the left-side menu, more specifically the “Live right now” button. You’ll find a variety of online bet types across multiple sports, including parlay bets.
What are parlay bets? Parlays combine several wagers into a single bet. Each individual wager is called a leg, and you must get every leg correct for the parlay to be successful. Bettors create parlays for the prospect of winning big with a small-sized stake. Since the payout is proportional to the number of legs, the sums involved in a parlay can be quite large, but also quite difficult to win.
Can I bet on the Washington Wizards with Unibet?
Yes, you can bet on the Washington Wizards in all of their 82 regular season games and also put money on them in the playoffs, if they make it. But before you swing into action, here are a few NBA-specific bets to get acquainted with:
- Quarters and halves: With time period bets, you can wager on which team will win each period of the game and/or how many points both sides will combine to score. For instance, if you think that the Wizards will get off to a great start, you can place a moneyline first quarter bet on them.
- Alternative spreads: Alternative lines in the NBA allow you to alter the original spread, and the odds will be changed to reflect this. For instance, if the Wizards are -3.5 favorites on the spread and you believe they’ll win by a bigger margin than that, you can add a few points to the spread for the potential to receive a better payout.
- Game parlays: Game parlays at Unibet combine two bets into one, offering a substantial payout. Most commonly, this will be a mix of moneyline and total or a point spread-plus-total combo.
- Player props: Unibet has a robust selection of player prop bets on the statistical performance of individual players, including scoring, assists, and rebounds. Within the “player specials” section, you can bet on whether someone from the Wizards’ roster will record a triple-double or score the first basket of the game.
How do I get money on (and off) Unibet Sportsbook quickly?
Unibet is affiliated with several banking processors to facilitate deposits and withdrawals. To fund your account, you can use the following:
- ACH (e-check)
- Online bank transfer
- Prepaid Play+ credit card
- Credit or debit card
All methods carry a $10 minimum and a near-instantaneous processing time. The only exceptions are deposits that you make via ACH and PayNearMe, which can take up to 24 hours, at the longest.
To withdraw, you have only two options — ACH and PayPal. The third option, cash at a physical casino cage, will become available if Unibet partners with an eligible land-based facility in Maryland.
How do I get help at Unibet Sports?
You can get immediate help by contacting live chat agents via the support page that appears in the site’s main menu. The sportsbook has also established a direct phone line in all of the states where it operates, and available hours are 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Time. You can also try sorting out issues through email support or at the FAQ page.
How do I exclude myself from Unibet sports betting?
To maintain safe betting habits, you may want to consider setting up gambling limits. You can do this via Unibet’s responsible gambling page or via customer support. You can implement time and monetary limits for a specific period or self-exclude completely. Make sure to go through the responsible gambling section thoroughly — there’s a lot of educational material to help you cope with and mitigate compulsive gambling behavior.
Can I bet at Unibet Sportsbook in person?
You will, eventually. For the time being, we don’t know which route Unibet will take to gain market access in Maryland and which land-based property the sportsbook might team up with. We’ll update this page when more information becomes available.
How does Unibet Sports compare to other Maryland sportsbooks?
It depends on your preferences. If you’re primarily looking for a sportsbook with exceptional market diversity and great bonuses, then Unibet is likely to suit your taste. On the other hand, the site comes up short in a few areas, most notably pricing and usability.
The pros definitely outweigh the cons, we believe Unibet has some work to do to achieve the upper-echelon status of the DraftKings Maryland app, BetMGM Maryland app, or Caesars Sportsbook mobile app.
Unibet Sportsbook Maryland FAQs
Use the Unibet Maryland bonus code BETBONUS to claim up to $100 in bonus bets. To get the full $100 welcome bonus, your first bet must be for at least $50 with odds of +100 or longer.
Yes, Unibet Sportsbook in Maryland is a fully licensed and reputable online sportsbook that you can trust doing business with.
You are required to be a minimum of 21 years of age to bet at Unibet or any licensed sportsbook in Maryland.